What's for dinner Saturday, 1/20/2015?
  Re: (...)
So, I picked up some kind of roast on sale at Giant Eagle, marinated it overnight in soy sauce and garlic, then today wrapped it in bacon. Ron is roasting it on the grill with just little bit of smoke.

We're in between basketball games, so when it's finished, we will let it rest (tented) while we are at the second game. Roast beef sandwiches on french bread when we get back home. Probably a few tots and a small salad to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for dinner Saturday, 1/20/2015? by Mare749 (So, I picked up some...)
roasted wings and Roy did all prep for couscous!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Saturday, 1/20/2015? by cjs (roasted wings and Ro...)
Way to go Roy!

We are also having wings. I would like them just simply seasoned and baked but Tony's talking about grilling them and then baking them with buffalo sauce so I don't know what is going to happen. I just told him YFIO. lol

I do have some fresh green beans to use up and maybe some au gratin potatoes on the side.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Saturday, 1/20/2015? by Trixxee (Way to go Roy![br][b...)
I had to look up YFIO and it's not even close to what I thought it meant. My version had a cuss word in it.

Carylann has the kitchen tonight and is making chicken pot pies.

ETA: Thanks for starting the dinner thread Maryann.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Saturday, 1/20/2015? by Trixxee (Way to go Roy![br][b...)
We're having the chicken and waffle sliders from C@H 110. If I remember correctly, the maple butter is to die for.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Saturday, 1/20/2015? by losblanos1 (I had to look up YFI...)
Quote:

I had to look up YFIO and it's not even close to what I thought it meant. My version had a cuss word in it.

Carylann has the kitchen tonight and is making chicken pot pies.

ETA: Thanks for starting the dinner thread Maryann.

LOL! It means You Figure It Out.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Saturday, 1/20/2015? by Trixxee ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Okay, I don't know what YFIO means because Hubby was fixing my laptop today. I picked up some kind of malware/idiocy and it freezes up for tons of time.

I made Beef Bourguignon today!! I didn't want to do a lasagna "in three pans" this year. Got lucky with picking up fresh peeled pearl onions, baby carrots, and sliced mushrooms! Only took me 2 1/2 hours to prep!! It's still cooking now. Yay!! The kitchen smells so good!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Saturday, 1/20/2015? by BarbaraS (Okay, I don't know w...)
Dinner at Barbara's!

Way to go Roy!!!

Andrew showed up yesterday about the time I was going to start the chickens. He insisted we try his meatloaf. William ate a great big piece with a roll and called that dinner. So the Beer Can Chickens were tonight's dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Saturday, 1/20/2015? by Gourmet_Mom (Dinner at Barbara's!...)
We had a PIZZA party---what fun with Wendy's friends here. Henri LOVES pizza Four pizzas were gone in a heartbeat---I usally have leftovers for lunch the next day-WHHAAAAAA!!!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy