Thursday, 4/16/15??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We'll be landing at Tracie's today and she & Roy have conspired to have hot dogs! Not my favorite, but with this topping, I'm o.k. with it.

Sauerkraut Hot Dog Topping

While I’m neither a great sauerkraut nor hot dog fan (unlike my husband), put this topping on a dog and I’m right in there with all the other dog lovers!! For the best flavored sauerkraut, try to find it in a jar or plastic bag – the canned has a tinny flavor.

15 oz sauerkraut, rinse and drain (some prefer not to rinse)
1/4 cup sweet pickle or dill pickle relish
2 Tbs brown sugar
1 Tbs prepared mustard
1/2 tsp caraway seeds

1. Combine all the ingredients and heat in microwave or a small saucepan over low heat until warm. Top hot dogs with the sauerkraut. Makes about 2 cups.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday, 4/16/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I didn't used to be a hot dog fan but now I love Nathan's. I like them with coleslaw!

Just pot roast/mashed potatoes/gravy leftovers and I'll steam some broccoli and cauliflower.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 4/16/15?? by Trixxee (I didn't used to be ...)
I LOVE hot dogs with chili and slaw!!!

Tonight's dinner is Chicken Pastry, Chicken Salad, and peas or green beans. Using a serving spoon, he has been pretty successful feeding himself things like the pastry and peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 4/16/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (I LOVE hot dogs with...)
Daphne, tell him that he will get better at eating with his left hand. It just forces us to eat slower which isn't a bad thing. I actually learned how to do my hair and makeup with my left hand. Of course, I was a little younger at the time.

Tonight we are going to have some stuffed cabbages that I made a few weeks ago and put into the freezer. Ron likes mashed potatoes with them and Italian bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday, 4/16/15?? by Mare749 (Daphne, tell him tha...)
This is what I want to make but will have to wait for Saturday. A friend made it last night and said it was outstanding but to definitely double the sauce.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...e-51101210
  Re: Re: Thursday, 4/16/15?? by Trixxee (This is what I want ...)
Now I've got a craving for hot dogs and salmon.

Today it's grilled filets and shrimp with a remoulade sauce. Grilled asparagus also.
  Re: Re: Thursday, 4/16/15?? by losblanos1 (Now I've got a cravi...)
We are hoping that's the case, Maryann!

That sounds really good, Trixxee!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Thursday, 4/16/15?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Meat Lover's Pizza!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.