Frying Chicken question......
  Re: (...)
Hi all! I just received this month's magazine and would love to try the fried chicken recipe. I don't have a cast iron fry pan, but do have an enamel coated cast iron dutch oven. It is oval-shaped and has high sides, but is small...does anyone know if this would work well?
Thanks.....
  Re: Frying Chicken question...... by MesaUnroe (Hi all! I just rece...)
I've made fried chicken in a dutch oven, and it came out fine (it wasn't even cast iron!). The only problem with it being small is that you have to cook more batches. I hate that! I have a 12-inch chicken fryer that is steel or some such, and I choose that over my small cast iron pan. Oh, and the chicken still comes out amazing!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Frying Chicken question...... by TwilightKitten (I've made fried chic...)
Thanks so much....I will give it a try!
  Re: Re: Frying Chicken question...... by MesaUnroe (Thanks so much....I ...)
I'd love to hear how the chicken comes out. I haven't tried this recipe. I have another fried chicken recipe that I am in love with and am hesitant to try another. But the Cuisine one looks sooooo good, I just might have to try it.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Frying Chicken question...... by TwilightKitten (I'd love to hear how...)
I have not tried this particular recipe but a good friend of mine gave me a recipe of her aunt and it basically uses all the same ingredients. The best fried chicken you will ever have. I have tried it in the skillet and in the deep fryer. We prefer a deep fryer but works either way.
  Re: Frying Chicken question...... by MesaUnroe (Hi all! I just rece...)
Don't crowd the chicken!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".