Sunday's Dinner, 3/23/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Think I'll scrape the topping off the razor clam/shrimp pizza and combine with some pasta for a little different l/0.

I've been invited to be the 'guest chef' for a fundraiser for Bicyclists (sp?) here in P.A. in conjunction with their counterparts from Victoria, B.C. on Monday night. So, I'll be working with them to prep today and tomorrow that will free up the hosts to be with the folks and I'll do the finishing touches for dinner. Should be fun.

The only problem I can see, is there will be politicians attending.....and Roy will be working with me....that's not a good combination. He thinks P.A. has the worst small town government around.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday's Dinner, 3/23/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Oh oh! But it does sound like fun.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 3/23/14?? by Harborwitch (Oh oh! But it does ...)
Sounds like fun, Jean. I can only imagine the discussions that may follow. Have a great time.

No idea what's for dinner just yet. We have to go pick up a chair we purchased yesterday, so may just have soup and grilled cheese when we get home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 3/23/14?? by Mare749 (Sounds like fun, Jea...)
Grilling a tri tip that is currently marinating in a cilantro lime concoction (thanks Blane) and making the maque choux that everyone likes so much (again, thanks Blane).

Looking forward to dinner tonight!
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 3/23/14?? by Trixxee (Grilling a tri tip t...)
Have fun, Jean. If he's anything like William, that's going to add a little stress to the situation! Good luck!

We are having deli wraps on the deck for lunch. Even though bad weather is moving in with colder temps, I'm determined to celebrate Spring with Chicken Linguini with Candied Cherry Tomatoes, Goat Cheese and Pine Nuts!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 3/23/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Have fun, Jean. If ...)
You're welcome Trixxee, I hope you enjoy both. I have to thank you also, today I made my menu up for the week and it includes the Cubano chicken that you recently made and the Chipotle chicken burger.

Tonight it's Chinese almond chicken with pork fried rice. I should be grilling, it's really nice and sunny here.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 3/23/14?? by losblanos1 (You're welcome Trixx...)
Oh my - I know I say this way too often, but.........geez these leftovers beat all to hell!!

I scraped the toppings off the clam/shrimp pizza and of course a little of the dough came with the toppings. I heated this topping over water and cooked up some pasta.

[Image: Mar23RazorClamShrimpPasta_zps59893da9.jpg]

Garnished with a poached egg, tomato slices, lemon zest and caviar. What a spectacular dish this was. Now, my delimna is to make it again with just the toppings or make a large enough pizza to have lots of l/0s so I can have the additional flavor/thickener of the pizza dough.....

What a problem to have, eh?? I thinkI'd better get back to the "200 Small Plates" book and add this. Seems a little to 'fine dining' for a leftovers book.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 3/23/14?? by cjs (Oh my - I know I say...)
YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 3/23/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (YUM!...)
Looks good Jean. I need to know where to get the razor clams.

I did the beer Biryani last night. Interesting and if I can find the review thread I'll post there. I have some thoughts.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 3/23/14?? by Harborwitch (Looks good Jean. I ...)
I brought it to the top, Sharon.
www.achefsjourney.com