Wednesday's Dinner, 12/18/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're exploring the area, so who knows??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/18/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm not sure...YS is graduating at 2:00 today with a Masters in computer science. Yay! No more tuition payments to make.

We have a celebratory dinner planned for Friday, but I really don't know what the plan is after the ceremony...
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/18/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are heading to Eureka today. Bob wants to go to the VA and we need to do some shopping and run an errand for Billie. I am hoping we can get down to the harbor and find some fresh crab for a lovely dinner tonight. I think I'll throw some bread in the machine so we'll have fresh hot bread to go with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/18/13?? by Harborwitch (We are heading to Eu...)
Crab sounds really nice Sharon. I have absolutely NO idea what we will eat. Trying to keep things simple these days.

A box of mac-n-cheese??
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/18/13?? by luvnit (Crab sounds really n...)
Well Jean you will love this. I picked up a nice sized trout the other day and a piece of coho salmon. I grilled both. I actually wasn't repulsed by this salmon. The butcher told me I probably don't like salmon because a lot we eat in restaurants is Atlantic salmon and fattier.

Anyway I fell in love with the trout! So going to the store to pick up a couple more and do them tonight
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/18/13?? by DFen911 (Well Jean you will l...)
Everyone to Denise's kitchen!!!
And, wait til you smoke a Coho -'unbelievable.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/18/13?? by cjs (Everyone to Denise's...)
Since my little helper is out of school, we are going to go to the grocery store - this is a big step as I haven't been to any store in three months. He can push the cart. I will hobble along. Just picking up some roast beef and fresh rolls for French dips.

Of course I had to bribe him with a Starbucks drink.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/18/13?? by Trixxee (Since my little help...)
So they had trout. Tonight I am baking it with lemons and white wine
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/18/13?? by DFen911 (So they had trout. T...)
Have only had trout once, years ago, in a champagne-cream sauce. It was absolutely delicious.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 12/18/13?? by labradors (Have only had trout ...)
Denise we make sure to always buy wild caught salmon - and Jean is right smoked coho is to die for.

I had high hopes - today was grocery shopping day! 80 miles to Eureka so Bob could go to the VA to get signed in to this area. My plan was fresh sourdough (homemade), lots of garlic butter, and fresh crab! We got home late, (late start due to a water leak in the coach) my back is in spasm so Bob is going to have leftover "sharonburger helper". I'm not sure about me. Tomorrow is the crab fest. Lots of garlic butter, Heirloom tomato salad, fresh Dungeness crab, and sourdough bread. It's as perfect a dinner as I can imagine.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!