Boston Butts?
  Re: (...)
William usually only does one at a time, but he's doing two tonight for a church gathering. Does he time it out by the total weight of the two or just by the largest one?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Boston Butts? by Gourmet_Mom (William usually only...)
IMO, if there Is large difference in weight, I'd just time them individually and remove the smallest one when done.

darn, I think I'm over thinking this one. If you're looking for pulled, I'd go with the largest - but then you don't want to dry the smallest out, either.

Geez,maybe someone else can answer you better - I'm not sure what he's doing with them
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Boston Butts? by cjs (IMO, if there Is lar...)
We have a dual probe - and Bob puts a probe in each. That way we can pull the smaller one when it's ready and let the larger one cook longer. Works for us - especially if you have two different meats - chicken on the bottom that needs to come to a higher temp than something else on the top shelf.

Other than that . . . I guess it depends on the size dif. as Jean said.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Boston Butts? by Harborwitch (We have a dual probe...)
Sorry, he is doing Carolina chopped BBQ like my daddy always did. They are about the same size, so we'll just hit it in the middle and fork tender and at temp. Thanks you guys!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.