What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/11/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

We're having a champagne brunch today - Sourdough waffles, bacon & bubbly.

Mid-afternoon, we're having Drunken floats - only because I have to take a picture of them.....

Later, just a light mushroom flatbread.

-----
O.T. - we have new neighbors in the rental house across the alley from us. A gal with her teenage boy. Looked out the window last night and this is what we saw!! Could not believe history was repeating itself!

A 100 years ago, a neighbor met my mother as she was coming home from work with, “Mrs. Shelledy, don’t you care that Jeannie is on the roof of that house?”

[Image: Aug10BoysonRoof_zps107cb1a2.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/11/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm making the Shrimp with Basil-Garlic Butter over linguine that Trixee posted a while back. Can't wait!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/11/13?? by BarbaraS (I'm making the Shrim...)
That's funny, Jean. Ron liked to do that as a kid. He was horsing around with his cousins one time and fell. Spent the rest of the summer in a cast and had to start junior high on crutches. Boy, did he hate that!

I think we're going to grill some steaks tonight. Maybe a caesar salad to go with.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/11/13?? by Mare749 (That's funny, Jean. ...)
That shrimp dish sound good.

Tonight it's Summer stuffed chicken breasts with lemon herb beurre blanc.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/11/13?? by losblanos1 (That shrimp dish sou...)
I can't wait!

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...ter-103369

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/11/13?? by BarbaraS (I can't wait![br][br...)
Wow! Thank you Barbara. I know what I'm having for lunch today.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/11/13?? by losblanos1 (Wow! Thank you Barba...)
That does sound so good, Barbara - I have a favorite way of cookng shrimp and I think I'm going to work this into that method. thanks for the idea.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/11/13?? by cjs (That does sound so g...)
One of the reviews suggests to sauté the shrimp for a couple of minutes, move them to a bowl, make the sauce, and then finish cooking the shrimp in the sauce completely bypassing the oven part. Sounds good to me!

Barbara
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/11/13?? by BarbaraS (One of the reviews s...)
Definitely sauté all the way.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/11/13?? by losblanos1 (Definitely sauté all...)
Quote:

Definitely sauté all the way.

Definitely.