What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

Still collecting thoughts on octopus...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Flank steak (London Broil style) and broccoli rabe.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? by Old Bay (Flank steak (London ...)
Well, here is breakfast - just posted this on a Chef's Journey facebook page also. Thinking of a cookbook for using restaurant leftovers.....I know, doesn't seem like I can finish a cookbook and I'm thinking of another??????????????

Feb 19, 2013

Restaurant Leftovers hint #1 - either hold back scarfing down all your wonderful grits at dinner or order a side of grits specifically to take home. It's an easy way to have a dish that normally would be more expensive to make at home and/or your amount will be so much larger. One serving to play with at home is a good thing. Here is my Pimiento Cheese Grits (from Landry's restaurant) topped with homemade (my home) spicy turkey sausage patty and drizzled with jus from cooking the sausage.

[Image: Feb19LOgritsandspicyturkeypatty1_zps7d11a3c9.jpg]

Man, this was so tasty!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? by cjs (Well, here is breakf...)
Still mulling it over but perhaps New England Clam Chowder. We had some at the race track the other day and it was really good. Weather-wise this would be a good choice today.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? by Trixxee (Still mulling it ove...)
Trixxee, how funny, I just pulled out a recipe for clam chowder. That is probably what we will have today. Really crummy weather here, so it sounds just right.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? by Trixxee (Still mulling it ove...)
Trixxee, did you have a good time at the track the other day?? You went with your sister's family, also, didn't you??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? by cjs (Well, here is breakf...)
That looks really good Jean. Clever idea too.

I'm not sure what we're having. I have some lamb stew meat thawing in the fridge. We both have Dr. appointments in town this afternoon so I'm not sure what we'll get to make it into a dinner. I am thinking a Mongolian lamb dish on rice. But we'll see.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? by Harborwitch (That looks really go...)
Great minds think alike Maryann!

Jean, we had a stupendous time. The weather was great, it wasn't crowded. My sister left her two boys with grandma so she and her husband were really able to relax.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? by Trixxee (Great minds think al...)
Tonight I am doing Labs mystery dinner. Was going to do it lay night but had unexpected guests come thru town so went out instead.

I still have no clue what I am going to do
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tues., 2/19?? by DFen911 (Tonight I am doing L...)
I wanted something easy, so spaghetti sauce is simmering.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.