Macaroni Grill - Revisited
  Re: (...)
As Karyn did, we met up with some really old friends and ended up going out to dinner at Macaroni Grill. Can't say I was very excited...until we got there. I haven't been to one for about 8-10 years (at least since we left CA) - and they have certainly changed things!! For the better!

They now offer tapas, smaller plates and everything is not slathered and drowned in cheese and sauces. We had a great dinner - we both had very good Caesar's and each ordered a tapas.

My Roasted Beets and Goat cheese crostini - was just luscious!
[Image: Dec21stRstedBeetsandGoatCheeseCrostini.jpg]

Roy had Roasted Potatoes with sausage - I loved the potato presentation - it'll be in a book one of these days.
[Image: Dec21stMacaroniGrillRstedPotatoesandSausage.jpg]

The whole table split two desserts (one was a freebie, my friend Ellen's b'day was yesterday), a huge chocolate concoction and I ordered the Lemon Delight
[Image: Dec21LemonDelightMacroniGrill.jpg]

Their daughter, Jennifer and her son (9yrs.) and niece joined us and we haven't seen them since they were teenagers. So, we really had a fun time.

And, my hat's off to Macaroni Grill - have the same wonderful loaves of bread, tho.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Macaroni Grill - Revisited by cjs (As Karyn did, we met...)
That crostini looks incredible, but the potatoes look even better! Thanks for sharing, Jean!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Macaroni Grill - Revisited by Gourmet_Mom (That crostini looks ...)

Jean - love the looks of the dessert - and the Roasted Potatoes - yum
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Macaroni Grill - Revisited by mjkcooking ([br]Jean - love the...)
Jean, have you ever tried Buca di Beppo? It totally blows away Macaroni Grill and Olive Garden and is one that my Italian friends would even recommend.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Macaroni Grill - Revisited by cjs (As Karyn did, we met...)
I agree, it is 100% better than 10 years ago!!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Macaroni Grill - Revisited by labradors (Jean, have you ever ...)
Love Buca de Beppo!! Love the mussels in white wine sauce!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Macaroni Grill - Revisited by BarbaraS (Love Buca de Beppo!!...)
I love Buca's forthright slogan for advertising their gift cards: "Give the gift of garlic breath." LOL!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Macaroni Grill - Revisited by labradors (Jean, have you ever ...)
Quote:

Jean, have you ever tried Buca di Beppo? It totally blows away Macaroni Grill and Olive Garden and is one that my Italian friends would even recommend.

Labs, the menu is really attractive--stuffed mushrooms are interesting, mussels are my favorites, and the wine list is really quite good and reasonable for a chain. Much better than Olive Garden, Carinos, even Mac Grill. We have two in Houston--will give it a try!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Macaroni Grill - Revisited by Old Bay ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
We love Buca de Beppo too. Have had many big family gatherings there. And we often get coupons on the mail - $10 off $20 or $30. They serve one of my favorite wines too - Louis Martini.
  Re: Re: Macaroni Grill - Revisited by Trixxee (We love Buca de Bepp...)
No, we have not tried that place. Have never even heard of it - will check out where locations are.

My word, a lot of locations and even in WA!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com