Review- BLT Pasta Salad
  Re: (...)
This is from the latest issue, July/August 2012. When I tasted the dressing, I knew it was going to be a home run, even if the addition of lettuce in a pasta dish seemed to be a bit odd to me. The only change I made was to half the salad part, but keep the dressing recipe the same. It was good without the extra dressing but better with a little extra. I saved some of it for tomorrow in case it's a little dry tomorrow. This is a keeper! We give it a 10. Click below for a picture. YUMMY!

BLT Pasta Salad with Creamy Bacon Dressing
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Review- BLT Pasta Salad by Gourmet_Mom (This is from the lat...)
I'll put this on the list. I have a good supply of pasta.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Review- BLT Pasta Salad by Harborwitch (I'll put this on the...)
Very nice, Daphne. Looks yummy!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Review- BLT Pasta Salad by Mare749 (Very nice, Daphne. L...)
Sure does!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Review- BLT Pasta Salad by cjs (Sure does!...)
The only thing that disappoints me is they already did a similar BLT pasta salad recipe in a previous issue. I did a review on it here, but can't seem to master the search features. C@H has been repeating other recipes too. I cannot believe they've run out of ideas
  Re: Re: Review- BLT Pasta Salad by DFen911 (The only thing that ...)
I just wanted to mention that when I try this I think I'm going to use fresh spinach instead of lettuce
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Review- BLT Pasta Salad by farnfam (I just wanted to men...)
Denise, if you are talking about the one with bread crumbs, I tried that one, too. I didn't like it at all. That's another reason I was hesitant to try this one. The dressing for this one makes this dish a HUGE improvement over the other one.

I'm not sure about the spinach Cis. I don't know if it would play well with the flavors of the basil and green onion in the dressing? Maybe somebody else will know. Now let me get the recipe up. I'm going to type it in. I don't know about y'all but the Dropbox postings of pictures seems to load slowly. And if I remember correctly, your Internet is slow anyway?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Review- BLT Pasta Salad by Gourmet_Mom (Denise, if you are t...)
My friend brought this over for 4th of July. It was very good. I think it might have not been the exact recipe. But close. We liked it.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Review- BLT Pasta Salad by esgunn (My friend brought th...)
Erin, I put the recipe in the magazine review thread. Or do you have it?
Daphne
  Re: Re: Review- BLT Pasta Salad by Gourmet_Mom (Erin, I put the reci...)
Using spinach? Just talked to Tracie and she has made this 3 times already and in two words her response was, "OH, HELL NO!" oops, that's three words. She's not going to mess with it at all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com