Two new toys
  Re: (...)
I got an immersion blender and a mango splitter. And now I need lots of suggestions cause I can't wait to try them out
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Two new toys by farnfam (I got an immersion b...)
Cis,

Let us know how that mango splitter works. I love mango, but what a mess to cut up!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Two new toys by BarbaraS (Cis,[br][br]Let us k...)
I got one of the manogo thingees a few years ago after seeing Sharon use hers - but I've never used mine.

Love my immersion blender - I love it so much I have one for the house and the trailer both.

Have fun Cis!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Two new toys by cjs (I got one of the man...)
What kind of immersion blender did you get, Cis? I keep meaning to get another one. The one I had hanging around here for years never worked very well.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Two new toys by Mare749 (What kind of immersi...)
I got this immersion blender: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EGA...01_s01_i01

and this Mango Splitter:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ARE...01_s01_i00
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Two new toys by farnfam (I got this immersion...)
I'm glad you have the metal blender - I started out with a plastic one and it melted using it in a really hot something sauce...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Two new toys by cjs (I'm glad you have th...)
I love the different colors!
  Re: Re: Two new toys by Trixxee (I love the different...)
I have the same blender. I love it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Two new toys by Gourmet_Mom (I have the same blen...)
Wait a minute..there's a splitter for mangos?! Why haven't I seen one of these? Have you used it yet?

Has anyone else used one?
  Re: Re: Two new toys by DFen911 (Wait a minute..there...)
Haven't used it yet, no mangos seem to be in stores yet. But when they are available, you shall have my full report. I have always avoided them as they result in inevitable disaster each time. Now we shall see
As for the blender, so far it's a great replacement for that big one, I hardly ever used and took up so much space. This one goes neatly into a draw
Cis
Empress for Life