Craig's List - Info??
  Re: (...)
Has anyone on here used Craig's List for selling? Seems like Trixxee (?) has? I'm going to list our trailer this a.m. on it and I'd sure like to hear any pros/cons as far as using it.

Do they take a % of the sale? I know nothing about it. Thanks for any help.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Craig's List - Info?? by cjs (Has anyone on here u...)
We are having the coconut chicken kabobs and pineapple rice.

Jean - Craig's List is basically like an online Pennysaver but it doesn't cost anything to list your items for sale (or at least it hasn't in the past). They are just the mechanism for listing things in your area all in one place. It's divided into categories like a Pennysaver. We usually only use our email address as the way to contact us (don't like giving our phone number out). Now eventually you'll probably give your number to a serious buyer to discuss details. We just bought an entire solid oak office set up for $112 last week. Best buy ever!

Here is our local list.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/

And here is the RV section. Scout around and see how other people are wording their ads.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/rva/
  Re: Re: Craig's List - Info?? by Trixxee (We are having the co...)
I thought it was you that had mentioned it before. Thanks Trixxee. Now, to type up a description.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Craig's List - Info?? by Trixxee (We are having the co...)
Although I have no experience with Craigslist, I've known a few people who have sold things there. I don't know the details of how well it worked for them, but I HAVE heard of many scams that have happened through Craigslist (NOT because of Craigslist, itself, but from the people who respond to your ad). Be sure to check out Craigslist's own "About Scams" information.

For example, I knew of someone who was selling some appliances and received and email response. The email asked for the seller's full name, residential mailing address and telephone number and said that the buyer (who urgently had to visit a family member in the hospital) would send a certified check to cover the cost of the item AND a enough extra to pay the shipper he would send to pick up the item. The idea was for the seller to pay the shipper when the shipper came to pick up the item and, since the buyer planned to "send a little extra to make sure the shipping was covered," the seller could keep the extra. Generally, this type of scam has turned out to be a fake certified check and even though the seller's back may accept it and credit the money to the seller's account, when the supposed issuing bank receives it and reports it to the seller's bank as a fake, all that money is taken back out of the seller's account (possibly along with any number of possible fees). Who knows what else the scammer and "shipper" could also do, afterwards, with the knowledge of the seller's full name, residential address and telephone number (and a shipping truck).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Craig's List - Info?? by labradors (Although I have no e...)
Good advice here. I've used Craigslist to find tenants for my rental. Mostly, it generated a lot of phone calls from a lot of weirdos. (I have better luck putting a sign in the front yard at the house.)

Trixxee's advice to only list your email is a good one, although you might consider opening an email account just for this purpose rather than listing the one you always use. I have an email address on yahoo just for this purpose.

Be sure to add a couple of photos to your listing and good luck!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Craig's List - Info?? by Mare749 (Good advice here. I'...)
good points - I had planned on not giving a tele number, just an email and now that I think of it, I will us my old one that doesn't get much use anymore.

thanks.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Craig's List - Info?? by cjs (good points - I had ...)
We used Craig's list a lot to sell stuff when we were moving to ND, and then when we moved up here.

We just gave an email address until we had confidence in the buyer. Craig's list is where we found our motorhome, where we got the free hot tub (that needed a 15 cent fuse to work), and lots of other things. We sold the hot tub, a car, and a bunch of stuff. It works well, but you do have to watch out for possible scams.

Our friend Francois found and sold his 5th wheel on Ebay, but they do take a fee - Craig's list is free.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Craig's List - Info?? by Harborwitch (We used Craig's list...)
Well, we are up and running!!!! fingers crossed, please.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Craig's List - Info?? by cjs (Well, we are up and ...)
Fingers crossed! Jean, do you have a community bulletin board anywhere that you could post a picture of your RV?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Craig's List - Info?? by Mare749 (Fingers crossed! Je...)
You mean on Craig's list? or here? I did put pictures on Craig's list. Oh like Facebook? I've never been able to post multiple pictures on Facebook....

Also, I finished my post and it was accepted at 12:30 p.m. - how long before I'll see it in a line up?? Do you know?
www.achefsjourney.com