What's for Dinner, Saturday 5/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Since our Mother's day plans have changed, I need to cook some of the things I had planned for tomorrow. So, not sure what we'll have.

But, I do have 6 cookie recipes to be tested for the Pantry book, so I'm going to try to make all of them and after taking pictures, just take the whole kit and kaboodle over to the pizza party Sunday. (get them out of our house! )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday 5/12?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I think I'm making the Asian pork satays again! And the cucumber salad. But who knows, we may get take out. We have so many obnoxious things to take care of today (new tires for the RV, smog test for Tony's truck and the spring broke on our garage door yesterday and we have to manually lift it which isn't any fun).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday 5/12?? by Trixxee (I think I'm making t...)
Don't know yet. Looking for inspiration. I did make sugar cookies for Ron's lunches.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday 5/12?? by Mare749 (Don't know yet. Look...)
HMm...i think Porterhouse steak, corn and garlic bread.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday 5/12?? by piano226 (HMm...i think Porter...)
I know last Thursday that I said I was not cooking anymore recipes from the F&F Vol 2 cookbook and I still stand by that statement. My wife, however, is cooking tonight and has chosen the Indian style Snapper with apple-coconut raita from that cookbook. I'm making the side- Basmati rice with peas.
She's substituting halibut for the snapper.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday 5/12?? by losblanos1 (I know last Thursday...)
Something with shrimp and eggplant, any suggestions ?
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday 5/12?? by farnfam (Something with shrim...)
found your Eggplant Pasta - with this note "cis made this 10/16/11" Remember it??

Paulie got me started on this pizza - "grilled eggplant, Kalamata olives, tomato, preserved lemon and feta cheese, oregano" I make it on spinach wraps. YUM>
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday 5/12?? by cjs (found your Eggplant ...)
I can't believe I just lost that!

We had a very late lunch, so we probably won't eat again. The kids really over did it for the party. There was spinach dip, French onion dip, Salsa, and Mom's chicken salad with various crackers and chips. They had deviled eggs, a loaded pasta salad, potato salad, baked ziti, hot dogs, hamburgers, and Jean's Beer Brats. Jason got her the cutest chocolate mocha cake from a wonderful local bakery! We've come back to rest before meeting them downtown later.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday 5/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (I can't believe I ju...)
Yes, Jean, that Eggplant Pasta is my go to, so delish. The pizza with the eggplant and olives sounds tempting too. I'm just about decided on some kind of curry dish tho.
Daph, sounds like a feast and a half!!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday 5/12?? by farnfam (Yes, Jean, that Eggp...)
I've lost my appetite. I put 5 full sheet pans of mini meringues in the oven. I always do them at 250 for an hour, turn the oven off, next day they are perfect. Within 5 minutes, all 5 pans were burnt beyond recognition. 300 of them dead. Not sure what is going on with the oven,. but darn,I need merengues for tomorrow am.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.