What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

I'm testing recipes, so we will be grazing most of the time today. Smoked Trout and Scallop dishes.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
It's a prep day for us (stocks etc). I have some pork steaks that i think I'll slow roast while we are there. I have fresh corn that is sweeter than some we had last summer. Not sure what else.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? by Lorraine (It's a prep day for ...)
We're going to a bake sale. Ha! I'm not cooking - we are getting assorted tacos from our favorite food truck, Taco Maria. I'll take a chicken mole taco and a hangar steak taco.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? by Trixxee (We're going to a bak...)
We having Jean's birthday dinner tonight, minus the dessert. Sorry Jean, but between vacation and this past weekend, we've been over-indulging. Can't wait to try the rest of the menu.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? by Mare749 (We having Jean's bir...)
My first real postSmile
We will BBQ up some tri-tip steaks. I will be searching the past threads for sides to go along with them. I will let you know what I choose!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? by HappyHomemaker (My first real post:)...)
umm, just leftovers, again but I need to use them up. Italian sausage and some spaghetti, with a salad (that part won't be leftovers lol)
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? by farnfam (umm, just leftovers,...)
Oh God, are we grazing...................
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? by cjs (Oh God, are we grazi...)
Sure wish I was at Jean's house...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? by Mare749 (Sure wish I was at J...)
I started out making corn cake to use as the base for the sour cream, smoked trout, pepper jelly and caviar. The first I cooked were 1/4 cup size - way too large for 1-2 bite-size I was looking for, reduced to 2T. size, still too large. One tablespoon was better, but best, believe it or not was just a scant 1/2 tasblespoon size. (at bottom of picture)

[Image: CIMG2240.jpg]

I plated a few different ways - I'm sure wishing I had Blane's camera and talent; his pictures always look so good!! (I MEANT that - not fishing at all!! )
[Image: CIMG2226.jpg]

[Image: CIMG2236.jpg]

[Image: CIMG2235.jpg]

[Image: CIMG2231.jpg]

I sure won't post all the different testing pictures over the next few months, but it was fun today...now, I'll get down to business.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 5/9?? by cjs (I started out making...)
Wow! They look GREAT! William said he wants all of them!

Since we won't be home Friday....ASHLEY'S FINALLY GRADUATING!...we're doing steak night tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.