Sunday Dinner, May 6th?
  Re: (...)
With poor Jean out of pocket I'll start the dinner thread.

My husband is cooking dinner tonight (woo-hoo). Meatloaf, mashed potatoes & gravy and corn on the cob.

Hurry back Jean!
  Re: Sunday Dinner, May 6th? by Trixxee (With poor Jean out o...)
Thanks Trixxee.

I recieved the new Cuisine at Home cookbook 'Fresh & Fabulous Vol 2' yesterday, so I'm making Asian steak kebobs with a side of Broccoli slaw from that.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, May 6th? by losblanos1 (Thanks Trixxee. [img...)
I looked at that issue just today. I could decide of there was enough in there that wasn't a repeat that I would fix. I'll be anxious to hear what you think, Blane.

I had the option to relax on the deck with wine or make Jean's Birthday Dinner. Sorry, Jean, the wine won. That being said, I decided to do the Pasta Cobb Salad again WITH the bacon this time. That is ready to stir together after I enjoy my time on the deck.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, May 6th? by Gourmet_Mom (I looked at that iss...)
The mighty men of the wilderness will be returning soon. I have roasted two chickens, a big macaroni salad and some broccoli I'm sure they'll be starving when they get back
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, May 6th? by Gourmet_Mom (I looked at that iss...)
Quote:

I looked at that issue just today. I could decide of there was enough in there that wasn't a repeat that I would fix. I'll be anxious to hear what you think, Blane.

When I first thumbed through it, I was dissapointed that it looked to be a 'best of' issue. Later I went back through it page by page, I was relieved that it had old and new recipes (mostly new). In fact my whole menu this week is from that cookbook. Except Friday, that's steak night.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, May 6th? by losblanos1 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

When I first thumbed through it, I was dissapointed that it looked to be a 'best of' issue. Later I went back through it page by page, I was relieved that it had old and new recipes (mostly new). In fact my whole menu this week is from that cookbook. Except Friday, that's steak night.

[/blockquote]

I had the same reaction....guess I'll go back and take a closer look!

We're having grilled chicken sandwiches with whatever I find to put on top,,,,
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, May 6th? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Asian steak kebob with broccoli slaw. Tasty, but not delicious.

[Image: Asiansteakkebob.jpg]
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, May 6th? by losblanos1 (Asian steak kebob wi...)
As gorgeous as your plate is, the food should have been incredible!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, May 6th? by karyn (As gorgeous as your ...)
Blane, you've renewed my interest. You've had so many positive hits, I was wondering! LOL! But I will be waiting to see what the rest of issue has to offer. I now realize what my summer will involve....reliving our dinners?..Lol!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, May 6th? by Gourmet_Mom (Blane, you've renewe...)
Today we had the whole family to our house for dinner, to continue my dad's birthday weekend celebration. I rotisseried a turkey, and Ron smoked 3 slabs of ribs in the smoker. We put baked potatoes on the outdoor grill and I roasted two sheet pans of veggies in the oven. We had Italian bread and four bottles of wine. I made three lemon chiffon pies, pizzelles, and cut up oranges for dessert. Everything turned out spectacular.

After dinner, I put the turkey bones in the soup pot to start some broth and tomorrow I'll deliver turkey and homemade noodles to Dad, to finish off his weekend, since I know he will be tired after three days of partying. My brother and sister-in-law have to leave tomorrow morning to go back to Florida.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."