T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 4/20??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today??

Earlier in the week I was on a search for a Teres Major or "Mock Tender" which is a beef cut 'that sits on the shoulder blade.' It was featured on a Chopped episode and I was curious. Our Safeway butcher was able to get me one. I used a dry rub on it yesterday, will smoke for just a brief time today, then grill it. Anxious to try it.

Don't know what else we'll have with it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 4/20?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I think we may get something to go tonight.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 4/20?? by Trixxee (I think we may get s...)
I made it through another week! Steak night! On the deck with my wine right now...AAAAAHHHHHH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 4/20?? by Gourmet_Mom (I made it through an...)
Congratulations, Daphne!! Enjoy.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 4/20?? by Gourmet_Mom (I made it through an...)
It seems beef is the theme tonight. Steak night here also, Filet Mignon with port sauce and a side of asparagus.

Jean, could you let us know about the "mock tender"? I've seen it at my local Safeway and have been tempted to try it. The way that you're preparing it sounds delicious. Asparagus is always a nice side.

ETA: Nevermind, I just read your review, thanks.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 4/20?? by losblanos1 (It seems beef is the...)
Thanks, Jean! BTW, I just got off the phone with Mom. If any of you get a chance, thoughts and or prayers would be appreciated. She leaves tomorrow at 4 am to go to Guatemala for 7 days on a mission trip. They will build one house, install water filters in 20 homes, and have vacation bible school for around 300 children. In addition, they will be served meals by locals, and visit another volcano, Mayan ruins, and Antigua. She will be 80 in June!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 4/20?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Jean! BTW, ...)
I'll be praying for her group, Daphne. Sounds like a great trip.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 4/20?? by labradors (I'll be praying for ...)
Wow, good for her!! I, too, hope she has a safe and fulfilled trip!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 4/20?? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Jean! BTW, ...)
WOW! Prayers will be said. That sounds like a wonderful mission and a great get away!

Last night was half a subway sandwich. Long long day at work. Longer day today, and even longer tomorrow! Food is going to be sketchy - tournament weekend.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F., What's for Dinner, 4/20?? by Harborwitch (WOW! Prayers will b...)
Thanks, everybody!

What a busy weekend you're having, Sharon!
Daphne