May Birthday Dinners Coming Up!
  Re: (...)
Maryann - May 25th
PJ - May 28th
cjs - May 28th
Blane - ?

So, we're going to need 7 or 8 weeks to get thru all of us - if PJ has time.

Mayann, would you do the honors and start your birthday dinner thread???? Yippeee - it's been so long.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: May Birthday Dinners Coming Up! by cjs (Maryann - May 25th[b...)
Okay, Jean, I'll try to put something together, but I'm leaving on Sunday and won't be back for two weeks. So, I wouldn't want to have reviews due until at least April 30.
Is that alright with everyone?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: May Birthday Dinners Coming Up! by Mare749 (Okay, Jean, I'll try...)
Sounds doable to me - how about everyone else???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: May Birthday Dinners Coming Up! by cjs (Sounds doable to me ...)
My B'day is in July (31st). I'm not sure of how this works.
  Re: Re: May Birthday Dinners Coming Up! by losblanos1 (My B'day is in July ...)
You're already on the Birthday page (page 1 of the C@H Birthday thread)

Darn it, Labs wrote up the best explaination of the Birthday Dinner Review party - does anyone know where it was??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: May Birthday Dinners Coming Up! by losblanos1 (My B'day is in July ...)
Blaine,

Each month (VERY approximately), we take a look at whose birthday is in that month and then ask one or two of those people to suggest a "birthday" menu. Then, once that has been decided and everyone has agreed on a "due date," anyone who decides to participate makes some or all of the items on the menu (not necessarily ON the birthday), with everyone withholding reviews until the due date, at which time, we all post our reviews (often with photos) in a single thread.

Generally, we try to use recipes from the current issue of Cuisine at Home that none of us has reviewed on the forum yet, but recipes from older issues and even other sources are okay, once in a while. The chosen recipes are posted in a single thread so that everyone can find them easily and so that anyone who doesn't have the recipes may get them.

It's a lot of fun, and we get to exchange ideas and opinions, especially when some participants substitute ingredients due to availability or individual tastes.

Separate from that, we also do "mystery-box" dinners once in a while, where we each suggest an ingredient and then anyone who participates must use all the ingredients in some way, kind of like Chopped.

For now, though, start thinking of a "birthday meal" you'd like to have us all share for your birthday and, post a message about it somewhere near the end of June or the beginning of July so people will have a chance to make it.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: May Birthday Dinners Coming Up! by labradors (Blaine,[br][br]Each ...)
Oh it will be fun to start doing this again I am looking forward to it
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: May Birthday Dinners Coming Up! by labradors (Blaine,[br][br]Each ...)
Labs, I can't thank you enough. I got the mystery box & B'day dinners mixed up.
It does sound like fun and I will participate.
So, right now it's up to Maryann to suggest a menu? I can't wait to see what she comes up with.
  Re: Re: May Birthday Dinners Coming Up! by losblanos1 (Labs, I can't thank ...)
Labs - I've been thinking about the mystery box dinner. We haven't done one of those in a long long time!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: May Birthday Dinners Coming Up! by Harborwitch (Labs - I've been thi...)
The mystery meals really are fun, too. I don't usually have great luck with the search features, but Blane might enjoy seeing the pictures from prior mystery meals, if anyone can find them. If I find anything, I'll bring it to the top.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."