What's For Dinner, Tuesday 5/31??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

Don's going home this a.m. - too long for guests.... I'm exhausted, so maybe some soup.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner, Tuesday 5/31?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I think I'm doing a no-brainer tonight. Chicken Piccata, baked potatoes and a baby greens salad.
  Re: What's For Dinner, Tuesday 5/31?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Sounds like a good day to curl up with a book in a comfy chair, Jean. I always turn into a turtle for a day or two after company leaves.

It is hot and humid here, so I'm thinking a taco salad would be pretty good. I have those fun tortilla pans from Daphne and was thinking of trying those flavored tortillas to make the shells.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Tuesday 5/31?? by Mare749 (Sounds like a good d...)
Oh Maryann, taco salad sounds so good, but I sure don't have to p00p to make it today. I made some really good patties out of some of the barley risotto that I was going to freeze for easy dinners, but think I'll keep two out for tonight. Still have lots of fruit from my b'day fruit platter.

Oh, and I stuck 1 1/2 lbs. of leftover T-bone meat in the freezer - my word, they were large steaks, but sure cooked well.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Tuesday 5/31?? by cjs (Oh Maryann, taco sal...)
So, did you manage to work your way through all that wine?
Maryann

Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Tuesday 5/31?? by Mare749 (So, did you manage t...)
We're grilling pork tenderloin and broccolini. I'll probably do a brown rice pilaf as a starch.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Tuesday 5/31?? by karyn (We're grilling pork ...)
I think so, it was embarassing to empty the bottle trash bucket.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Tuesday 5/31?? by cjs (I think so, it was e...)
We've all been there, Jean.
Maryann

Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Tuesday 5/31?? by Mare749 (We've all been there...)
I agree, we've all been there.

Jody is here tonight, but luckily, I have some pretty good options. I'm going to let the boys pick between Drunken Pork Kebabs with Maque Choux, Cajun Shrimp Fettucine, and Chicken Lo Mein.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Tuesday 5/31?? by Gourmet_Mom (I agree, we've all b...)
Picked up some fresh Italian turkey sausage, so grilling those, over polenta and heaps of onions and peppers on the side.....and wine
Jean, good job on the wine, can't be wasting it LOL
Karyn, I've been meaning to try some brocolini, did you mean you're going to grill it?
Cis
Empress for Life