What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 1/7?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're down to two more full days here in Apache Junction, so don't know if we can get in the three things I so want to do! (spend Saturday doing NOTHING but resting up for the long trip home, spend time with my cousin, AND go to Posh restaurant!!) Where did our time go?

So, I'm up in the air for our dinner tonight.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 1/7? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Not positive, but may do something with venison when I get home later. Have to go to school today to pick up books, get a student ID, and a parking permit.

Jean, couldn't you just go home 1 day later?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 1/7? by Mare749 (Not positive, but ma...)
We backed it up as far as we could...Roy has surgery on his left wrist 2 days after we get home. darn. I am so ready to buy a house down here!! I even dreamed we found a little tiny bungalow with a huge kitchen and a swimming pool......that's how much I want to be down here.

"school today to pick up books, get a student ID, and a parking permit," ....and a lunch box! Have fun - I'm envious, I just love going to school.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 1/7? by cjs (We backed it up as f...)
Jean I didn't realize how close you were to our favorite restaurant. It's one of the Guy Fieri's Diner's Drive Ins and Dives. Wonderful Italian food and out of this world pizza. They make their own Mozz!! Wonderful wine too.

Here is a link to a video with Guy: Guy Fieri- La Piazza al Forno

Here is their the website: La Piazza al Forno

And just in case you want to go:

5803 W Glendale Avenue Glendale. AZ 85301
623-847-3301

Here are some of our pics of the place:

[Image: DSC02782.jpg]

The first night I had the Frutti de Mare:
[Image: DSC02783.jpg]

Brad had the Rigatoni al Forno:
[Image: DSC02784.jpg]

I don't remember what this was:
[Image: DSC02785.jpg]

But this pizza was just out of this world, to die for great!!!!!! La Piazza Bianco!
[Image: DSC02786.jpg]

And of course a cannoli for dessert:
[Image: DSC02787.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 1/7? by luvnit (Jean I didn't realiz...)
Oh Crap, Laura!! We only have two more days here!!!

But, thank you - this will be in our little black book for this area. We'll probably be back next November (?) fingers crossed.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 1/7? by cjs (Oh Crap, Laura!! We ...)
Poor Jean, back to earth (or, rather, home).

Laura, those photos are delicious (I'm using my imagination...) !!!

I think that we will have fish tacos for dinner. I have a couple of ripe avocados and want something non-poultry tonight.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 1/7? by foodfiend (Poor Jean, back to e...)
Yum!

We're going non-poultry tonight as well. About as far from it as you can get - pimento cheese burgers. I will have mine topless to save a few calories. I'm not even making anything with it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 1/7? by Trixxee (Yum![br][br]We're go...)
"I will have mine topless to save a few calories." Well, for heavens sake, I didn't know that would shave off some calories......
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 1/7? by cjs ("I will have mine to...)
Trixxee, I do that quite often. I've even been known to have one without any bun at all, but with all the stuff you would put on the burger: lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, ketchup, and mustard. If I DO use a bun, I try to use the sandwich thins.

Tonight we will have our old regular...steak and baked potato. I'll lighten it with half a potato and no salad, since we had a big one last night.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, T.G.I.F. 1/7? by cjs ("I will have mine to...)
Quote:

"I will have mine topless to save a few calories." Well, for heavens sake, I didn't know that would shave off some calories......

Yeah, that didn't come out quite right! Just think of how many calories we could save if we dined completely in the nude.