What's on the Menu - Sunday, 1/2?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu?

We'll be in Apache Junction, and it's another long day, so guess we'll go out for something when we get there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu - Sunday, 1/2? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
The pork roast with sauerkraut turned out so well yesterday that I think we'll have the leftovers today.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu - Sunday, 1/2? by Mare749 (The pork roast with ...)
I will be right over, Maryann

I have grilled chicken breasts and ceasar salad planned. Trying to lighten up a bit after the holidays. I feel so bloated and am glad we don't own a scale.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu - Sunday, 1/2? by chef_Tab (I will be right over...)
" am glad we don't own a scale." Our digital stopped working a couple of months ago. Do you think I'm inclined to figure out how to replace the battery right now? NOT!

If I can find the ingredients at the local store, I'm going with Bill's Tortilla Soup and Arroz con Pollo. I'll lighten up for the rest of the week. One thing I've been doing is eating smaller portions. But I definitely need to start laying off the heavy sauces after this experiment. Well, there IS that Mac and Cheese dish, too. But that's necessary. I've got to get rid of that cheese clogging the drawer in the fridge somehow, ya' know.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu - Sunday, 1/2? by Gourmet_Mom (" am glad we don't o...)
I think we're doing leftovers. I think. Should go check how much is left and get ahold of Francois to see what he's thinking too.

Now - we have to get Francois to take us on a field trip to a couple of Russian grocery stores in Sac. New Years the Russian store was out of the "good" champagne and Russian caviar. He brought Bagrationi 1882 Sparkling Wine. Very very good stuff from Georgia - no not Georgia USA! This was some really wonderful stuff!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu - Sunday, 1/2? by Harborwitch (I think we're doing ...)
Wow, Sharon...you guys went all out!

As predicted, the local grocer didn't have 2 of the 4 things I needed, so we're having Sunday night burgers. It's been a while.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu - Sunday, 1/2? by Gourmet_Mom (Wow, Sharon...you gu...)
Daphne, what is Sunday night burgers?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu - Sunday, 1/2? by luvnit (Daphne, what is Sund...)
A habit..LOL! It used to be routine to have burgers on the grill after riding on the lake in the summer. That habit continued into the year until recently. There's nothing special about them.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu - Sunday, 1/2? by Gourmet_Mom (A habit..LOL! It us...)
That's funny! I was getting all excited to make them too!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu - Sunday, 1/2? by luvnit (That's funny! I was...)
Well, we found a little Sports Bar in Mesa that we had an early dinner - I had calamari and it was cooked perfectly!! got caught up on all the football, basketball, poker news....

Late snack will be some tuna on crackers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com