What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/21?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight??

We're finally getting to San Antonio - one of my favorites and especially at Christmas, but...alas, we can't stay the extra day on Wednesday. More problems with the poor old wearing-out trailer. But, I sure do want to eat some Tex-Mex tonight. Then on the road again to Navasota to the Millers and the mechanics.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/21? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I was in San Antonio many (18?!) years ago and loved it. I hope that you have no trailer difficulties until you reach your destination. And perhaps even longer...

We are having Mex tonight. It's an easy decision since I'm running the perishables in the fridge down as we will be away for several days (to my parents'). There are some wonderful homemade corn tortillas in there, so tonight's dinner will be enchiladas. Probably chicken. There's a container of sauce that I made weeks ago in the freezer which falls out about every time I open the door, so that will be used too.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/21? by foodfiend (I was in San Antonio...)
"which falls out about every time I open the door" - that's always a decision maker for me, too!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/21? by cjs ("which falls out abo...)
Carnitas tacos, toasted corn salsa and homemade guacamole. If we haven't floated away by then.....
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/21? by Trixxee (Carnitas tacos, toas...)
I'm making the pork stir fry.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/21? by HomeCulinarian (I'm making the pork ...)
It depends on when I get home. If I don't make dinner, the boys will have clam chowder that keeps falling out of the freezer. If I get shopping done in time to get home to make dinner....I have NO idea! Probably the same.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/21? by Gourmet_Mom (It depends on when I...)
Maybe hot pork sandwiches??? I'm not sure, it will depend on the water situation here.

We had a big voltage drop here on Saturday that didn't get fixed until Sunday afternoon. The whole park was running on around 60 volts! Rather than turning off the main breaker they left it on - I guess so that the well pumps would work.

Evidently that wasn't (DUH) such a great idea - the water went off last night and won't be on until sometime today. I just noticed that they're doing water tests too - hmmmmmm, could mean ground water contamination - or they've had to replace the pump and super chlorinate the whole system and let it sit for hours and hours.

If I can get last night's dishes done . . . if not . . . ??
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/21? by Harborwitch (Maybe hot pork sandw...)
Hi its my birthday - and we will be going out - yeah !
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/21? by mjkcooking (Hi its my birthday -...)
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day - and the perfect dinner out!!!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 12/21? by mjkcooking (Hi its my birthday -...)
Quote:

Hi its my birthday - and we will be going out - yeah !

Happy Birthday!!!!