Cooking School
  Re: (...)
I have been so jealous of some of you getting to go to these cooking schools, since that kind of thing is not offered around here. WELL! Mom just called and is going to enroll us in a cooking school with a local Southport chef, can we say seafood!, that is starting up in the next few weeks! I don't know the details, but I DO know it will be held over a number of Sunday afternoons. It's demonstration only, but we WILL get to sample the food and get the recipes. I can't wait!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Cooking School by Gourmet_Mom (I have been so jealo...)
Oh Daphne, how great and you'd better plan on sharing the tips and hints you learn. How fun for you and your Mom!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Cooking School by cjs (Oh Daphne, how great...)
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, <jumping up and down clapping hands> I am so excited!!!! Can't wait to hear ALL about every single thing

ps would your mom want to adopt me??
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Cooking School by farnfam (Oh boy, oh boy, oh b...)
Cis, I am so excited! This tops off her last "gift", a ticket to a Taste of Home chef demo. She got me a VIP ticket which allows me to get in an hour before the regular tickets, to meet the chef and see the vendor displays....this is a full scale show. AND I get front row seats!

She is treating me way too good these days!

Oh, I am to buy at will from the vendor booths (with a limit, of course) for my Christmas and Birthday! This comes up in a few weeks. I will have camera and notebook in hand for both event/series of events!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Cooking School by farnfam (Oh boy, oh boy, oh b...)
Oh I would love to take classes on seafood!! So cool of your mom to do this for you Pictures, notes, pictures...you know the drill
  Re: Re: Cooking School by DFen911 (Oh I would love to t...)
Quote:

Pictures, notes, pictures...you know the drill

And recipes, don't forget to post some of your favorite recipes from these classes!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
Fun fun fun! Have a wonderful time!

PJ
PJ
I am so excited for you - and insanely green with envy. Be sure to keep us up to date.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Cooking School by Harborwitch (I am so excited for ...)
That sounds like fun! Can't wait to read about your adventure.

Here's a photo collage of the class I attended tonight with my niece.

[Image: 73306_10100251054651280_1940219_60404549_2238179_n.jpg]
  Re: Re: Cooking School by HomeCulinarian (That sounds like fun...)
Daphne, that's a fantastic gift from your mom! Lucky girl!
Have a great time and we all can't wait to hear about some of those recipes.

I was looking into cooking classes recently at Lolita, one of Michael Symon's two restaurants here in Cleveland. They have cooking classes on Tuesday nights from now until summer. Each class is 3 hours long and is $160 per class. They have a class limit of 35. Do you know those classes are completely filled? I couldn't even get into one!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."