What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/7?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tongiht?

Grilling here, but don't know what yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/7? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I'm trying a new Korean Rib recipe, but I'm not sure what kind of side. I was thinking fried rice and some slaw. IN the end, it may just be the slaw....I've got a hot job today...cleaning off the back porch...UGH! It's supposed to hit 96 today.

But my new books are supposed to come in today, though!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/7? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm trying a new Kor...)
We are going to a local fish fry. Have heard great things about it, but I really don't care at this point. As long as I don't have to cook in this heat. Hopefully this place has A/C and adult beverages.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/7? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm trying a new Kor...)
I'm thinking about grilled pizza with a side of grilled eggplant, but not positive about that. Will have to peruse "Pizza, Pizza, Pizza!" Might end up using the eggplant for a topping.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/7? by Mare749 (I'm thinking about g...)
I'm hoping we have enough leftovers that we don't have to turn the stove on. It's even too hot to grill. I wanted to make the cormeal cakes for them, or a peach cobbler, but I think we'll have icecream instead.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/7? by Lorraine (I'm hoping we have e...)
Maryann, did you ever make this one? Eggplant and Sun-dried Tomato Pizza

We really liked it. You may want to do a half and half or two small ones. I'm thinking this one might not be Ron's "cup of tea". I went to check and was surprised this one didn't make it in the book.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/7? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, did you eve...)
You know, I copied it, but never did make it. Ron would probably really like it, we eat eggplant all the time.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/7? by Mare749 (You know, I copied i...)
That really looks good, and can be done on the grill too, right?
Tonite I've got a meatloaf in the crockpot. Planning to go down near the hydro dam and float around to cool off.
We're having a heat wave here for sure, but no complaints from me, after all that winter I love this
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/7? by farnfam ( That really looks g...)
I thawed a whole chicken. That's as far as I got
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 7/7? by DFen911 (I thawed a whole chi...)
Denise, how about rotisserie for the chicken?
Cis
Empress for Life