Leftover Graham Crackers - Buttered???
  Re: (...)
I wasn't sure how much crust I would need for my cheesecakes and have some mixed up leftover - enough for a couple pies/desserts... anyone have a dessert they especially like calling for this crust?? I don't usually use it, so not much in my repertoire.

thanks
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Leftover Graham Crackers - Buttered??? by cjs (I wasn't sure how mu...)
Roll it into balls, baked them, then dip them into some chocolate?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Leftover Graham Crackers - Buttered??? by labradors (Roll it into balls, ...)
I have a Cheesecake cookie bar recipe? I'll post if you want.

M.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Re: Leftover Graham Crackers - Buttered??? by mjkcooking (I have a Cheesecake ...)
Amend my suggestion: Mix some vanilla and some lemon zest into some cream cheese, chill it, roll THAT into balls, coat completely with the graham-cracker mixture, bake those, insert skewers, dip into chocolate.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Leftover Graham Crackers - Buttered??? by labradors (Amend my suggestion:...)
Hey you guys - I have been working with cheesecakes and cheesecakes lollipops for over a week!!!! (and there is more cheesecake lollipop material in the freezer!)

Question amended to read: "anyone have a dessert except cheesecake-like desserts they especially like calling for this crust??"

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Leftover Graham Crackers - Buttered??? by cjs (Hey you guys - I hav...)
Someplace I have a recipe for a Key Lime Martini - the glass is rimmed with ground up graham crackers - but they aren't buttered.

How about on top of the pineapple crisp?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Leftover Graham Crackers - Buttered??? by Harborwitch (Someplace I have a r...)
Why not a key lime or grasshopper pie? Then there's this chocolate thing William's grandmother used to do called "Chocolate Delight". Let me know if you're interested.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Leftover Graham Crackers - Buttered??? by Gourmet_Mom (Why not a key lime o...)
I have not tried this one, but my kids would go nuts for this. THink I will have to try sometime in the future...

S'mores Bars
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Leftover Graham Crackers - Buttered??? by esgunn (I have not tried thi...)
Does the mix have butter in it or is it just ground grahams? If it is just ground, food saver it and freeze it like you would bread crumbs. Anyway, how about spreading the amount of crust of the bottom of a glass baking dish so you know what size it will cover. If it has butter leave it in, if not take it out and put butter in the dish, melt it in the microwave, then put the crust back on, put choco chips on top to cover (I like Nestle's minis for this), then your choice of nuts to cover (pecans for me), then shredded coconut and top it all with condensed milk to cover (I use from no fat to full and can't really tell the difference). Microwave long enough to start browning the graham crackers. Basically making a miniature batch of 6 layer cookie.
  Re: Re: Leftover Graham Crackers - Buttered??? by Cubangirl (Does the mix have bu...)
It makes a great base for Banana Cream Pie.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.