summertime jambalaya!
  Re: (...)
Please help me!!! i just moved and have lost some of my cuisine at home issues!!! I need a recipe out of Issue 64 - August 2007 for summertime jambalaya!! please please please help me out! either post here or email me at ---- email removed for your protection. cjs/moderator

lori
  Re: summertime jambalaya! by starsgirl_20 (Please help me!!! i...)
Lori, I'll be glad to post the recipe for you. I removed your email address. Be right back with it.

Here you go - why haven't I made this??
Jambalaya on the Grill
Issue # 64, page 31

Cook:
1 cup medium grain white rice

Toss together:
8 oz. andouille sausage, cut diagonally into 1/2" thick slices
1 cup rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 4 oz.)
1 cup onion, sliced
1 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
2/3 cup celery, thinly sliced
2/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
2/3 cup okra, sliced into 3/4” thick rounds (thawed if frozen)
2 T. garlic, minced
2 T. olive oil
2 T. chopped fresh parsley
Salt & pepper to taste

Combine; top veggies with and grill:
12 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined tails left on (1 lb.)
2 T. brown sugar
1 T. olive oil
2 tsps. Paprika
1/4 tsp. Tabasco
Salt & pepper
2 T. unsalted butter, cold, cubed

Garnish with:
Chopped scallions
Lemon wedges

Preheat grill to medium.
Cook rice according to pkg. directions and keep warm.

Toss sausage, chicken, veggies, garlic, 2 T. oil, parsley, salt & pepper together in a bowl; set aside. Combine shrimp with brown sugar, 1 T. oil, paprika, Tabasco, salt & pepper; set aside.
Lay 4 pcs. of 18” X 18” foil in flat surface. Divide sausage and veggie mixture evenly between foil pieces, then top each with 3 shrimp and 3 cubes of butter. Fold the top of each foil piece over jambalaya so edges meet, then crimp together completely to seal the packets.

Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, or until puffed; remove from grill and let rrest for 2 to3 minutes.
Cut tops of packets open and spoon the jambalaya over the cooked rice.
Garnish with scallions and lemon.
-----
Forum reviewer: " My advice is to double the sauce that goes on the shrimp. It is so fabulous."
Same forum reviewer: "I even made it in the oven recently. It was thunderstorming out so I put everything into a glass lasagna pan, sprinkled a little beer over top for extra moisture, covered with foil and baked for about 20mins. It was still awesome."

------
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: summertime jambalaya! by cjs (Lori, I'll be glad t...)
This is the recipe that brought me to the forum! I rave about it all the time. It is one of my absolute favorites. My advice is to double the sauce that goes on the shrimp. It is so fabulous. And definitely use andouille!
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: summertime jambalaya! by chef_Tab (This is the recipe t...)
Just reread the ingredients - I have everything for it....probably can make it Sat. night.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: summertime jambalaya! by cjs (Just reread the ingr...)
double the sauce, Jean!!!!
Theresa

Re: Re: summertime jambalaya! by chef_Tab (double the sauce, Je...)
I even made it in the oven recently. It was thunderstorming out so I put everything into a glass lasagna pan, sprinkled a little beer over top for extra moisture, covered with foil and baked for about 20mins. It was still awesome.
Theresa

Re: Re: summertime jambalaya! by chef_Tab (I even made it in th...)
See above, I added both of your ideas. Thanks Theresa.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: summertime jambalaya! by cjs (Lori, I'll be glad t...)
thank you sooooo much!!!
  Re: Re: summertime jambalaya! by chef_Tab (This is the recipe t...)
I also double the shrimp in it too... it's great and i couldnt believe that i lost the book!!!
  Re: Re: summertime jambalaya! by starsgirl_20 (I also double the sh...)
I had one that walked away also, Issue #60!
www.achefsjourney.com