Cuisine at home Forums
Ridiculously EZ appy - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Ridiculously EZ appy (/showthread.php?tid=99305)

Ridiculously EZ appy - farnfam - 04-19-2010

Brie en Crote with Peaches and Bacon
The "recipe" is so easy I'm almost embarrassed. I took a small wheel of Brie (right out of the fridge) and wrapped it in one of those Crescent Roll type doughs. Baked(according to directions on tube) in a non-stick sprayed pie dish @12 min. When it came out the Brie was just a little melty. Had to top it with drained canned peach slices, but will bake it with fresh when they finally hit the market. Sprinkle with crispy bacon and Voile!

Re: Ridiculously EZ appy - cjs - 04-19-2010

So, you press the dough where the perforations are for the rolls? Huh, I've done this a lot with puff pastry, but never the crescent rolls things. good idea. Man, the mind is just going in 10 different directions with all we can do with this - a peach salsa....oh my.

Re: Ridiculously EZ appy - Gourmet_Mom - 04-19-2010

That sounds good, Cis! I have done something similar with the crescent rolls wrapped around gouda schmeared with Dijon before and that's really good. I'll have to make a note about this. We love peaches and Brie, especially OS.

Re: Ridiculously EZ appy - farnfam - 04-19-2010

Yes, the crescent roll dough unrolled in two squares, so I used one for the top and one for the bottom and smoothed out the little perforation marks. I had two segments left over so I did them as crescent rolls for dipping. Good tip: Make sure cheese is just out of the fridge or it might get too runny.
A more wintery version of this is we saute spinach and mushrooms for the topping

Re: Ridiculously EZ appy - pjcooks - 04-19-2010

Never thought of using crescent rolls. I've done Brie with cranberry apple chutney, walnuts and brown sugar with puff, though.

Good idea!

PJ

Re: Ridiculously EZ appy - Lorraine - 04-20-2010

The peach idea is great. We've done it with the Peach/Jalapeno conserve I made last summer.

Re: Ridiculously EZ appy - chef_Tab - 04-20-2010

I could go for this for breakfast this morning! I love the idea of the peaches with the bacon. Cis, are you saying if you had fresh peaches, you would bake them inside the dough with the brie or did I misunderstand?

Re: Ridiculously EZ appy - mjkcooking - 04-20-2010

This sounds great - I have used puff pastry but not the crescent rolls

peaches and fresh bacon sounds like a perfect topping.

Thanks

Marye

Re: Ridiculously EZ appy - cjs - 04-20-2010

Well, we're going to Portland this weekend - lots going on, and I think I'll have to play with this at HouseBoat Don's.

I think I'll take a couple of the chutneys I made last summer and give it a go.

Another idea for this is the softer Parmesan Cheese I picked up at the Issaquah farmers mkt. a couple weeks ago. It's supposed to melt beautifully.....hmmmm Maybe do two or three smaller ones.....you've created a few monsters here, Cis! The Parmesan is shown here at the bottom of the page. We tasted a lot of their other cheeses and all were wonderful!

http://goldenglencreamery.com/index_files/Page391.htm

Re: Ridiculously EZ appy - farnfam - 04-20-2010

Oh that sounds really good too, Jean. I have only tried it with Camebert or Brie. I'm going to start thinking of other cheeses. I guess the only sort of rule would be hard cheeses at room temp and soft ones refrigerated.
Theresa, I was thinking when I get fresh peaches, I'd bake them ontop of and around the biscuit wrapped cheese. I'd also thought of maybe a balsamic reduction drizzle on the peaches, but before or after baking??
OH and chutney is a great idea!!!