Cuisine at home Forums
Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? (/showthread.php?tid=99246)

Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? - cjs - 04-17-2010

What's everyone up to?

We're going to the neighbors who have a wood burning oven for the first outdoor pizza party of the year. will take a couple hors.

Happy weekend everyone.

Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? - BarbaraS - 04-17-2010

From Cuisine For Two - the Marinated Chicken with fresh herb olive oil and roasted potatos.

Barbara

Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? - Gourmet_Mom - 04-17-2010

I think I'm just going to barbecue some chicken on the grill and add some corn on the cob and asparagus. It has been a GORGEOUS DAY! It got warmer than expected and the wind has cooperated better than expected. So back to the deck!

Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? - chef_Tab - 04-17-2010

We had thick juicy burgers on the grill, and boy did they hit the spot. Some of the cole slaw leftover from last night was the side.

Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? - Lorraine - 04-18-2010

Demented supper here. I wasn't feeling well, so he made me chickenb soup with lots of garlic and fresh ginger (he thinks fresh ginger cures all stomach ailments). He had a bowl of oatmeal.

Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? - Gourmet_Mom - 04-18-2010

AWWWWW, that is so sweet. I hope you feel better, Lorraine.

Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? - pjcooks - 04-18-2010

Seafood Fest! We had clam chowder, scallops in bacon with maple syrup and BBQ sauce, and steamed lobster. We have a brand new Demoulas market in town and they had lobsters for $4.99. I got a 2 pounder for Picky and a smaller one for myself. Salad and fresh rolls to go with, and some beautiful fresh raspberries for dessert.

darn lobsters-my fridge was kinda full, what with all the shopping at the new store, so I just shoved the bag on the shelf the best I could. That big one was very active-when I opened the fridge an hour later, he kinda jumped out (fell out, really) at me. I forgot they were in there

I had no problem saying my goodbyes to him.

PJ

Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? - cjs - 04-18-2010

wow, how fun, PJ - except the attack by the giant lobster...

Re: Saturday's Dinner 4/17?? - Gourmet_Mom - 04-19-2010

Geez, PJ....I wish I'd been at your house...minus the surprise of the overly active lobster! I guess lobster races were out...LOL!

Under 5 for them was an enormous bonus! That'll never happen around here! Ah...to live in New England! (Remind me I said that next winter .)