Cuisine at home Forums
Laura's going to Spain! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Laura's going to Spain! (/showthread.php?tid=98927)

Laura's going to Spain! - DFen911 - 04-11-2010

Well my daughter got her official notice. So for her junior year of college she will be at Granada Spain University. She has taken spanish classes since 6th grade and fell in love with the language, so much so, it became her second major.

As much as I hate her going that far I am so proud of her She worked her tail off to get all her classes lined up and completed with honors. I only wish we could go visit her while she's there but unfortunately that's way out of our price range.

What fun to live in Europe for a year. Anyone been to Granada that has any tips or tricks or hotspots to check out?

Re: Laura's going to Spain! - Harborwitch - 04-11-2010

Oh Denise - I'm proud right along with you!!! How exciting and how thrilled she must be. Oh, Spain!!! Oh, the food!!!

Re: Laura's going to Spain! - - 04-11-2010

Oh, that is just wonderful!! Congratulations to Laura for working so hard. Never been to Spain (but I kinda like the music) - can you imagine the photos that she is going to be sending back to you!!

Re: Laura's going to Spain! - Mare749 - 04-11-2010

Very exciting news, Denise! You must be so proud and rightly so. What an incredible experience to be able to spend a year in Spain.

Re: Laura's going to Spain! - cjs - 04-11-2010

Whooopppeee!! it did come thru! Good for her and we hope she has a fantastic and safe time!

Re: Laura's going to Spain! - chef_Tab - 04-11-2010

How wonderful, but I know you will miss her! My daughter Erica's best friend spent a semester in Spain, I will ask her for some advice.

Re: Laura's going to Spain! - luvnit - 04-11-2010

Oh wow! That is beyond cool! Man, what an exciting adventure for her.

Re: Laura's going to Spain! - labradors - 04-11-2010

¡Qué genial!

Re: Laura's going to Spain! - karyn - 04-11-2010

That's wonderful! Congratulations to Laura for all of her hard work.

Re: Laura's going to Spain! - BarbaraS - 04-11-2010

That's so exciting!! My one nephew went to Italy for studies and my hubby's niece went to Africa for a semester.

Barbara