Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/31?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/31?? (/showthread.php?tid=98361)

What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/31?? - cjs - 03-31-2010

Wow tomorrow is April already!!!

What's on your menu?

We have to make a run to Silverdale to stock up at Cash & Carry and look for spice/herb jars - I just had a brainstorm where I want Roy to build a spice rack. If it turns out, I'll post a picture, if it doesn't, I'll just silently use it. So, we'll have a late lunch and ruin our dinners probably.

But, last nights dinner was one of my favorites - oven-fried halibut (no catfish in MY freezer....), oven fries and roasted brussels sprouts. And for breakfast, I'm having a halibut sandwich before we go.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/31?? - DFen911 - 03-31-2010

Coke brined chicken, baked potatoes and salad. Oh and a BIG bottle of wine!! Laura is bringing 5 friends home for dinner and they are all staying the night

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/31?? - Mare749 - 03-31-2010

Don't know yet. Would love something on the grill, but our grill broke down. Might have to buy a new one. This happened the other night when Ron went out to BBQ chicken. So, he got out the little charcoal grill and used that. That chicken was so good, I think he should use charcoal more often!

Anyway, I'm thinking Italian sausage subs with peppers and onions.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/31?? - chef_Tab - 03-31-2010

Jean, I can't wait to see Roy's new invention. Maybe when we get a house, I will have Wally copy it.

Denise, good luck with all those college students. You may get less sleep than I tonight!

Maryann, I know that charcoal does taste better, but I am so impatient and never remember to light the coals far enough ahead.

I am making the bahn mi burgers in from the Grilling book tonight. I am hoping picky SIL doesn't notice the scallions that I plan to sneak in them. teehee.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/31?? - karyn - 03-31-2010

I've been eyeing the bahn mi burgers. I'd love to hear what you think of them.

We're having the guacamole salad I mentioned a few days ago. The sun is out and it is finally warm. Spring is definitely something to celebrate!

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/31?? - chef_Tab - 03-31-2010

Karyn, I have made them twice before and we love them! Especially with the daikon slaw as a suggested topping. It would be difficult for me to go back to regular burgers now.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/31?? - - 03-31-2010

We are having left over (from the darn freezer) smoked turkey and a dab of dressing and rice. I can't think straight right now - don't know which veggies - the burgers sound great though -

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/31?? - Gourmet_Mom - 03-31-2010

Sonja, I hope you're doing okay.

We've had the Bahn Mi burgers and really liked them. Sadly, the grocery in town quit carrying daikon, so I didn't get to try that.

It's absolutely gorgeous here! I want to get grades put in tonight, so I opted for something easy...ribs, corn and salad. We wound up with leftover pasta salad with the steaks last night, so the corn and salad will come in handy. Good thing I got two racks, "the employee" is here. They're putting the potatoes in tomorrow. The garden is ready for planting.

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/31?? - Mare749 - 03-31-2010

I made Sharon's recipe for custard rolls and formed them into hot dog rolls to use for our sausage/pepper/onion sandwiches. They turned out excellent!

Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 3/31?? - cjs - 03-31-2010

What a good idea, Maryann! They are nice and sturdy.