Cuisine at home Forums
Interesting eggs! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Interesting eggs! (/showthread.php?tid=98268)

Interesting eggs! - luvnit - 03-30-2010

I found these interesting... and pretty.

[Image: 2008_04_16-huevoshaminados.jpg]

You cook them in pantyhose!

[Image: 2008_04_16-huevoshaminadosinstockings.jpg]

Here is a link to the site for the whole process:
Passover Eggs

They are cooked in a mixture of onion skins and spices for color and flavor. Pretty cool I think.

Re: Interesting eggs! - labradors - 03-30-2010

That's cool! The hose are not actually part of the cooking, but are to hold the decorative leaves in place. I wonder how that same technique could be applied to other items. It would have to be something boiled, soaked, dyed, etc., since dry cooking methods would probably ignite the pantyhose.

Re: Interesting eggs! - Harborwitch - 03-30-2010

Beautiful Laura!

I miss dying eggs and doing all the Easter stuff. For just Bob and I it's not worth it.

Re: Interesting eggs! - chef_Tab - 03-30-2010

Such a great idea! I miss dying eggs too, Sharon. And hubby tends to stay away from eggs because of his high cholesterol.

Re: Interesting eggs! - cjs - 03-30-2010

I miss it too - those look really cool.

Re: Interesting eggs! - Mare749 - 03-30-2010

I'm not absolutely sure about this, but thought I read that eating eggs isn't considered bad anymore for those of us watching our cholesterol.

In any case, now that we have the grandkiddies, we do Easter eggs again. Have to have an egg hunt! And since we love deviled eggs, it's never a problem using them up.

Love those eggs, might have to try that one!

Re: Interesting eggs! - cjs - 03-30-2010

That's what I'm reading also, Maryann - the general thinking has hit a happy medium and backed off the scare tactics of yore. Moderation in all things, as MS Julia says.

Re: Interesting eggs! - Gourmet_Mom - 03-30-2010

Cool egg idea. I'll have to share that one with Mom. Much easier than Ukrainian eggs...LOL! Although, I'll have to admit the few she's done are beautiful.

I miss the Easter egg hunt, also. And it looks like I may never have any.

Re: Interesting eggs! - StormWarning - 04-02-2010

Since I don't have the time (or talent!) to do Ukranian eggs, I've been cheating by using egg sleeves. Check out the wide variety on Ebay. Takes no skill whatsoever, looks impressive, and is pretty inexpensive.

Re: Interesting eggs! - labradors - 04-02-2010

Quote:

I've been cheating by using egg sleeves... Takes no skill whatsoever...

So THAT'S why I've been having so much difficulty: I've been trying to use egg cravats when I should have been using the sleeves!