Cuisine at home Forums
Salmon Mousse Appetizer - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Salmon Mousse Appetizer (/showthread.php?tid=98071)

Salmon Mousse Appetizer - luvnit - 03-27-2010

This was a very old recipe I first made about 20 years ago. However, the original was just put into a dish and sprinkled with dill or fresh dill if I had it. This version is much more elegant. Essentially I just lined a dish with cling wrap and then lined that with lox before I filled it with the salmon mousse.

[Image: DSC02846.jpg]

Oops, now I have company. I will come back with the recipe later.

Okay now I am back now. I cut into it so you all can see inside.

[Image: DSC02848.jpg]

Now if it were summer, I would probably have fresh dill with this. This recipe is super easy and the hardest part is waiting for it to chill.

Here is the recipe:

Smoked Salmon Mousse

Ingredients:
3-4 ounces smoked salmon cut into 1/2 inch pieces(lox)
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,softened
2 T. green onions, just the greens sliced thin
1/2 lemon, juiced
3 dashes of tabasco
3 dashes of worchestershire
1 teaspoon dried dill weed to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 ounce salmon roe (optional)
6 oz of lox (optional for lining ramekins or bowl for molding)

Directions:
1. Place heavy cream, cream cheese, green onion, juice of half of a lemon, dried dill weed, tabasco, worchestershire, salt and pepper to taste in food processor and pulse until mixed and fluffy, about 23-30 seconds. Add lox and pulse until mixed to desired consistency. Transfer to a medium serving dish, and garnish with salmon roe, and fresh dill.

2. Optionally, line a ramekin or other dish with cling wrap, line cling wrap with addtional smoked salmon and fill with mousse. Chill for 1-2 hours or overnight. Invert onto plate and garnish.

Re: Salmon Mousse Appetizer - Gourmet_Mom - 03-27-2010

I look forward to seeing your recipe. I'm planning on making gravlox soon, so this would make a nice treat for the two of us.

Re: Salmon Mousse Appetizer - cjs - 03-27-2010

oh, that does look good. will be anxious to see the recipe also. love a salmon mousse. I'm going to be makings some also, Daphne. That thread you were talkiing of it got it in my mind agai.

Re: Salmon Mousse Appetizer - Gourmet_Mom - 03-27-2010

Thanks Laura! I'll add this to my experiment!

Re: Salmon Mousse Appetizer - Harborwitch - 03-27-2010

This is one of our family favorite recipes. I just love it - and your presentation is beautiful.

Re: Salmon Mousse Appetizer - cjs - 03-28-2010

"and your presentation is beautiful." it sure is.

Very close to my recipe. But, I've never lined the bowl with the gravlax - neat idea.(I'm stealing it )

I have been adding corn to it and they sure go well together.