Cuisine at home Forums
Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail (/showthread.php?tid=97104)

Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail - - 03-11-2010

There is a yummy looking corned beef glazed in whiskey recipe in the Cuisine e-mail. Always trying to find something different from just corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day. Savannah has the 2nd largest parade in the US and there is a ton of celebrating going on. I remember way back in the day (before white bread) I made for my first dinner party a corned beef glazed with apricot preserves. It was so good. Anyway, I am going to try this whiskey one - gosh, who doesn't like a wee dram every now and again!

Re: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail - cjs - 03-11-2010

Well, I've got my beef brisket corning as we speak and cut off a little 2 lb. hunk and made Honey-Bronzed Brisket (a Nat'l Honey Board recipe) and it's on its last 20 minutes and I'm just dying to taste it - it smells wonderful.

Corned beef sandwiches and Reuben pizza coming up after St. Pattie's day!!

Re: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail - HomeCulinarian - 03-11-2010

Haven't even thought about St. Patty Day menu yet!!! Its a dancing night, so maybe some corned beef in the crock pot. Not very exciting!

Re: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail - chef_Tab - 03-11-2010

Oh, Sonja, I saw those recipes too! In fact, every year I make corn beef and cabbage, so this year I decided I would make shepherds pie instead. Well now I want both because of the two recipes. I think we will be celebrating twice at our house! Both recipes sound great, even the sweet and sour cabbage!

Re: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail - Gourmet_Mom - 03-11-2010

Well, pooh! I just realized they've dropped me from the mailing list again. I get emails from several and just didn't notice until I went to look for this.

If this is a good one, please let me know. Since St. Patty's Day is on a Wednesday, I'll probably do the crock pot version here as well. But I'm sure I could force myself to have it again on the weekend for a new recipe!

Re: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail - labradors - 03-11-2010

Quote:

Well, pooh! I just realized they've dropped me from the mailing list again. I get emails from several and just didn't notice until I went to look for this.

This is why I do NOT subscribe to the email, but use the RSS feed instead.

There are several ways to subscribe to the RSS feed, so I won't go into great detail, but the general methods are:
  • Some browsers have the capability (e.g. the "live bookmark" feature of Firefox)
  • Some email programs (e.g. Thunderbird) have the capability
  • Some web-based email services (e.g. Yahoo) have the capability
  • There are separate programs and websites, called "aggregators" that are just for handling RSS feeds.
I use Firefox for browsing and Thunderbird for my email, so I use a combination of the two for handling RSS feeds that I read. In particular, I let Thunderbird handle the Cuisine at Home feed, so that the recipes will automatically be downloaded and saved (I have it set to check for new messages periodically).

Re: Irish Feast - Cuisine e-mail - Gourmet_Mom - 03-12-2010

Thanks, Rob. I'll look into the Firefox method this weekend.