Cuisine at home Forums
Citrus Salad Dressing - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Citrus Salad Dressing (/showthread.php?tid=96076)

Citrus Salad Dressing - cjs - 02-17-2010

I picked up the most wonderful citrus at a Farmers market this a.m. and I want to make a green/citrus salad. I see a lot of recipes in the books I brought with me, but does anyone have a favorite?? Maybe a little creamy, but citrusy? Thanks.

Re: Citrus Salad Dressing - Gourmet_Mom - 02-17-2010

Sorry, Jean. Other than using lemon juice with herbs and vinegar and oil, my recipes are flavored mostly by herbs/spices and/or different vinegars. There are those I sent you from Linda aka Cake Doctor aka (I think?) Musicmaker, I don't have a thing for ya'. Good luck.

Re: Citrus Salad Dressing - cjs - 02-17-2010

shoot and I don't have those in the trailer, I don't think. Better go look in M.C. Thanks Daphne.

Re: Citrus Salad Dressing - Trixxee - 02-17-2010

This is the only one that comes to mind but it went very well with this salad.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...Dressing-238776

Re: Citrus Salad Dressing - Old Bay - 02-17-2010

This is a fruit salad dressing we have meant to try---

1/2 C plain yogurt
1/4 C fresh lime juice
1/4 C honey
1 t grated lime peel
Whisk all together until combined. Serve over salad.

Re: Citrus Salad Dressing - Old Bay - 02-17-2010

Jane's favorite EASY Poppy Seed Dressing
1/2 C mayo
2 T sugar
1 T poppy seed
1 T lemon juice
Combine & chill--serve over salad

Re: Citrus Salad Dressing - cjs - 02-17-2010

Oh, you guys are great!! I finally just threw some 'stuff' together. Thank you so much and I'm going to copy all of them, cause the fruit down here is wonderful!!!

Re: Citrus Salad Dressing - Gourmet_Mom - 02-17-2010

Jean, I'm not sure now what you are looking for. If you're looking for a citrus vinaigrette like the ones we swapped before, let me know. I'll email them to you. As for fruit salads, I just love the fruits tossed and the flavors allowed to marry....maybe a drizzle of good olive oil if mixed with something other than just fruit. I also love nuts and cheese added when greens are part of the mix. But when it's just citrus, I love the purity of the flavors.

Re: Citrus Salad Dressing - Cubangirl - 02-18-2010

My favorite citrus dressing is Ina's. I made the lemon curd, then used it for her Greek yogurt Limoncello dressing. Our favorite over fruit in the summer. I am sure not what you have in mind, but it was the first thing that came to mine when I heard citrus dressing.

BTW, my favorite I forgot to eat meal and need to have something right now, is TJ's canned tuna in olive oil with a good splash of fresh lime juice and Penzey's granulated garlic. It gives me the protein jolt I need and takes 2 minutes. You do need fresh limes, I've used lemons and it is not as good.

Re: Citrus Salad Dressing - chef_Tab - 02-18-2010

Oh wow, Cubangirl, that tuna thing sounds good. I may try that soon on a bit of lettuce. Although there is no TJ's here, I'll have to go with some other brand of tuna.