Cuisine at home Forums
Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? (/showthread.php?tid=95725)

Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? - cjs - 02-11-2010

I found a container of ham & beans, so guess I'll make some cornbread and that will be a quick dinner.

What are you all up to?

Sharon, the Spaghetti with Fennel sauce & herbs is delicious!! Made it last night. I added ~2 T. heavy cream at the end, just seemed to call for it. will keep this one handy. We love fennel.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? - Lorraine - 02-11-2010

I'm thawing a steak for me and hamburgers for him (he prefers them to a steak!). Baked potatoes and sauteed spinach of some kind.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? - HomeCulinarian - 02-11-2010

I'm going to stuff some shells - three kinds of filling. Then I freeze them in sets of 8 for future quick dinners.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? - Harborwitch - 02-11-2010

Isn't that a lovely sauce! Dinner tonight depends on what our plans are for the day. We went to Sam's club yesterday, so there's a beautiful sockeye salmon fillet & some lobster ravioli, and an amazing Dakota Beef corned brisket in the fridge.

If we stay home it's the ravioli with a shrimp sauce & grilled salmon with a nice salad with grapefruit sections.

If we head for Jamestown it'll be the corned beef.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? - cjs - 02-11-2010

" hamburgers for him (he prefers them to a steak!)." - I did too, when I was 10 years old..... My mom loved it, saved her money.

That reminds me, Lorraine. It is so seldom I cook a beef roast, but we love French Dip sandwiches - I've been making them with ground chuck. Really tasty.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? - Mare749 - 02-11-2010

Not sure yet, still looking through a new/used chinese cookbook that I picked up on Amazon. Lots of easy recipes to choose from.

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? - cjs - 02-11-2010

Oh, good idea, Maryann, I'm trying to figure out a fast easy dinner for Monday night on the road - time to get out a couple of books you just remined me of. thanks

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? - Old Bay - 02-11-2010

It's cold here (in the 30's--cold for us), so we are making a big batch of French onion soup, eat some and freeze the rest!!

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? - Gourmet_Mom - 02-11-2010

I had a late workshop, so it's just spaghetti here...with a nice salad and some garlic bread.

Sharon, that ravioli and salmon sounds really good!

Re: Thursday Dinner - Feb. 11?? - Harborwitch - 02-11-2010

Thanks Daphne, but we just got home from town - so it's leftovers and tomorrow is salmon, Friday is corned beef, and Saturday is the President's day dinner. Sunday will be something with venison.