Cuisine at home Forums
Slow Cooker Menus Book - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Slow Cooker Menus Book (/showthread.php?tid=95640)

Slow Cooker Menus Book - cjs - 02-09-2010

I couldn't find the thread talking about this book, it must be within a review...anyway, I mentioned the chicken wings in the Superbowl thread, and it will get lost there.

Another wonderful recipe from the slow cook book -
Cajun-Style chicken wings with cool lemon sauce

is wonderful!! We ended up using a full tablespoon (maybe as much as 4 tsps) of Sriraccha - good amount for us.

Re: Slow Cooker Menus Book - luvnit - 02-09-2010

I gotta get this book! Next time I am at the store. Thanks for the tip about the sirracha(sp?). We can handle heat here too and love it. I will remember that.

Always trying to find ways to use sirracha.

Re: Slow Cooker Menus Book - Harborwitch - 02-09-2010

Our bottle got lost in the move. We picked up a bottle when we were in town the other day - jeeeeeeze $8.00! Hmmmmmm.

Re: Slow Cooker Menus Book - Gourmet_Mom - 02-09-2010

Eight Bucks?!?!?!!?! MERCY! For some reason, I didn't catch on to the fact this was a recipe from the Slow Cooker Menus Book. DUH! Thanks for posting it in another thread.

Re: Slow Cooker Menus Book - Vanquisher - 02-15-2010

I tried the slow cooker barbecue ribs the other day, and they turned out quite tasty. They almost fell apart too much though, but I would recommend it. A very quick and easy way to have ribs.

Re: Slow Cooker Menus Book - Lorraine - 02-15-2010

I haven't seen the book here yet. I've bought several slow cooker books that haven't really impressed me. Does this one use mostly pre-packaged soups etc? I
m trying to stay away from them.

Re: Slow Cooker Menus Book - chef_Tab - 02-15-2010

Lorraine, I have made several of the recipes from the C@H slow cooker book and none of them had any prepackaged soups. I have yet to try a bad one from this book.

Re: Slow Cooker Menus Book - Lorraine - 02-15-2010

Thanks, Theresa. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Re: Slow Cooker Menus Book - cjs - 02-15-2010

it's worth getting, Lorraine, that's for sure.

Re: Slow Cooker Menus Book - Lorraine - 02-16-2010

Thanks, Jean, I'll check for it Lowe's.