Cuisine at home Forums
Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! (/showthread.php?tid=95303)

Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! - cjs - 02-02-2010

Roy is threatening to buy those sun lights again, so guess I'm getting pretty bad -

We're getting out of here - can't take this crappy weather any longer. Haven't picked the day, but within the next week or two. We're heading straight south and on the way down, we're not stopping anywhere until we get to sun! (Not even to see our cute little great-grandsons )

On our way back, that's when we'll plan to stop. AND, I want to start with Denise & Trixxee. So, hopefully we can work out something. There's no one else in the area, is there?

We're thinking we'll take XXX amount of $$$$ and we'll go until we spend half and then we'll start back up north. So, have no ideas just how far we'll get.

I am so looking forward to this trip!!

Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! - - 02-02-2010

OH, I am sure that you and Roy are going to have a splendiferous time!!! That sounds like such a great time and the food journey that you will be going on. Everytime I think about you I think about the photo that you posted (I think it was right after I came on this forum) that was a shot from your window looking over the Bay - it was just so beautiful!! Have a great time and Bon Voyage!!!

Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! - Harborwitch - 02-02-2010

I feel so bad for all you other coasters. We have high thin clouds, sunshine on sparkling bright snow. Of course it's a little "crisp" outside - but we've got sun!

Now, when is Gertie heading east????

Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! - mjkcooking - 02-02-2010

Load that Baby up and be on the Road - We just about had it with the

dark clouds and rain too.

Have a fun fun time -

Marye

Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! - chef_Tab - 02-02-2010

Sounds like a great plan. Especially after Phil predicted 6 more weeks of winter. The best part is that you will share your adventures with us so we can live vicariously through you. I can't wait to hear about your visit with Denise!

Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! - cjs - 02-02-2010

I wish she'd hurry and get on here and say yae or nay...

Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! - Gourmet_Mom - 02-02-2010

Oh, I LOVE IT! NO destination, no time limit! Now THAT'S a VACATION! Hopefully, one day!

Sharon, I'm thinking an eastern jaunt won't happen until it's warmer, but I sure wish they'd hurry up!

Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! - Ennui - 02-02-2010

I agree, Daphne! What a wonderful vacation. Have a great big sunny time, Jean!

Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! - DFen911 - 02-03-2010

Jean what day do you think you'll be down? You can stay in Laura's room. If you can stand teenager decor hahaha

Oh gosh I'm getting so excited!!

Re: Gertie's Getting Outta Dodge!!! - Lorraine - 02-03-2010

Now that's my kind of holiday! Have fun!