Cuisine at home Forums
Bottled Salad Dressings - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Bottled Salad Dressings (/showthread.php?tid=94307)

Bottled Salad Dressings - chef_Tab - 01-14-2010

I have never found a bottled dressing I liked until now. When we had dinner at a friend's home over the holidays, I loved the salad dressing and asked for the recipe. I was shocked to find out it was bought. I had never heard of it before and it is only available in some states. I have only tried the Greek so far. Here is the link to their website:

http://www.gazeboroom.com/find.html

Re: Bottled Salad Dressings - Gourmet_Mom - 01-14-2010

And naturally, not available in my area. I have no idea where Orangeburg, SC is, but I'm betting it's not close.

Re: Bottled Salad Dressings - Dismc - 01-14-2010

I always make my own dressings, also, but when my son came home for Christmas, he told me about a bottled dressing his fiancee had served him and he said he could eat a whole huge bowl of salad if it had that dressing on it. Turned out it was Girard's Champagne dressing. I bought it and he's right it is really good and certainly quicker than homemade..

Re: Bottled Salad Dressings - cjs - 01-14-2010

Well, horsepuckie, no Washington, Oregon, or Idaho so guess we're s.o.l.

I like making my own dressing also, but I've got admit I've gotten hooked on a couple of commercial ones from Trader Joes and Central market, so always pick them up when we're in the big city.

Oh, Shannon, I can get THAT ONE! I've seen it often and been tempted to try it! Good to know. I'll pick some up on my next trip to the store.

Re: Bottled Salad Dressings - BarbaraS - 01-14-2010

If it's the Gazebo Room dressing you want, I can get that at the local Big Acme. Let me check again on the availability tomorrow and if it's there, I will volunteer to buy, package, and ***** for cost.

Barbara

Oh, Barbara, that's not necessary. I wouldn't want to go to all that trouble without trying it. But thanks for the offer. I will be keeping my eye out, though.

Re: Bottled Salad Dressings - BarbaraS - 01-14-2010

Daphne,

It's really not any problem. I don't mind going through the process and the dressing is really only about $3. The PO is on my way to the Lab I have to go to, so the stop isn't out of my way.

Barbara

Re: Bottled Salad Dressings - foodfiend - 01-15-2010

Theresa, I'm going to look for this. Even if I don't find it here, a grocery near my Mom may have it since she's so much closer to where you live. I've never been thrilled by bottled dressings, and if you recommend it...

Penzeys offers a variety of dressing "bases", and although a lot of them contain more salt than I like, the one which I buy often is the Country French Vinaigrette. It's a tasty mixture of herbs and garlic, and all you have to do is mix it with a little water, red wine vinegar, and oil.

I do prefer homemade dressings, but it's nice to have a "mix" on hand for when I'm busy.

Re: Bottled Salad Dressings - Old Bay - 01-15-2010

About the only one we buy is Good Seasons Garlic and Herb Mix. Quite good, and we use the dry mix to rub a beef roast for roasting in the oven too.