Cuisine at home Forums
What's for Dinner - Tonight, 12/22??? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: What's for Dinner - Tonight, 12/22??? (/showthread.php?tid=92626)

What's for Dinner - Tonight, 12/22??? - cjs - 12-22-2009

We're taking it slow and will spend the night on the road, so not sure what we'll have - will have to get with Gert and see what she's up for.

What are you all up to?

Re: What's for Dinner - Tonight, 12/22??? - Gourmet_Mom - 12-22-2009

I'm a little behind. I have a couple of errands and grocery shopping to do, so I'll decide later. Again, Jean, you and Roy take it easy and get there safely!

Re: What's for Dinner - Tonight, 12/22??? - Trixxee - 12-22-2009

My husband is having a late lunch with co-workers so I'm pretty much off the hook for anything too filling or complicated so I'll just reheat some beautiful tamales he picked up at a dinky little hole in wall place on Sunday.

Re: What's for Dinner - Tonight, 12/22??? - Mare749 - 12-22-2009

I'm thawing chicken thighs to make Billy's recipe for Ginger Chicken. Actually, it was a cuisinart recipe, I think, that he sent me because he knew I liked Asian flavors.

Re: What's for Dinner - Tonight, 12/22??? - Lorraine - 12-22-2009

We could have left over meatloaf, but I really don't feel like it. I'm still working through a case of tomatoes, so I may just make sauce, and thaw some meatballs. If he can make it to the store, we may even get fresh veggies!

Re: What's for Dinner - Tonight, 12/22??? - HomeCulinarian - 12-22-2009

I'm thinking oven fried chicken. The kids are home and they are craving comfort food!

Re: What's for Dinner - Tonight, 12/22??? - esgunn - 12-22-2009

Safe travels Jean and Roy!

The kids have parties at Gym tonight and I think I am picking up pizzas for them. So I guess it is pizza and cookies.

Jean - as a side note. Chris keeps asking for your onion gratin, I know I saved the recipe. Need to hunt for it and make it for the boy! Just thought I'd share how much he enjoyed it and has requested it! It was really fun meeting you, Marye and Denise and spouses of course! I am glad I offered to host it too! - Gave us such a relaxed time to just get together and get to know eachother!

Re: What's for Dinner - Tonight, 12/22??? - - 12-22-2009

Left overs - time to clean out the fridge - a little of this and that - pork ribs, a dab of cole slaw, some baked beans, a tiny piece of meat loaf. My niece came over today and we exchanged some baked goods - she brought some scones that have apricot jam in the middle so I might just have those for supper.

Re: What's for Dinner - Tonight, 12/22??? - lxxf - 12-22-2009

I'm going to try ham croquettes. We have alot of left-over ham. I have tried croquettes maybe twice before, without success. We'll see. Then I am serving cheese sauce and minted peas with shallots.

Cross all fingers and toes for me please.

Sally

Re: What's for Dinner - Tonight, 12/22??? - Old Bay - 12-22-2009

I'm eating left over boiled shrimp w/ red sauce while I wait for Jane to get home from last shopping--I'm saving her some--we will decide the leftover with which to finish the evening when she gets home. "Tis the season to eat leftovers, fah la la la la, la, la, la, la."