Cuisine at home Forums
Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this (/showthread.php?tid=92452)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this - cjs - 12-19-2009

Well, if you put it that way....

Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this - Dismc - 12-20-2009

Do you think like English biscuits?...which are what we call cookies?

Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this - DFen911 - 12-20-2009

Ok I worked with this recipe quite a bit today and finally got it refined to a workable dish.

1 bottle of quality red wine. I used cabernet.
1 box cabaret crackers
nutmeg and cinnamon and lemon rind

Open bottle of wine and let it breathe. Put crackers on a plate.

In a separate bowl put spices and lemon rind, nuke for about 10 seconds to warm and start the aroma. Place on a side table.

Pour glass of wine and nibble on a cracker. Enjoy the aroma of spices and citrus.

Notice empty glass and pour another.

And that's how it works

Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this - Gourmet_Mom - 12-20-2009

Oh, no...I picked up a bottle of red today and will fix as printed...without the egg. I can't get past the "thick" wine thing....ugh!

BTW, I've had a blast watching movies for the past 24 hours. Tonight is the family fav...National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! This movie has been a tradition since it came out. We watch it together EVERY Christmas. We'll watch it again Thursday after we return from the farm...snuggled together on the bed together! I know this is an odd choice, but it SO defines our life...LOL! Dysfunctional is the new tradition! During the day, Thursday, I'll watch White Christmas to my heart's content...it's to be on ALL DAY on AMC!

Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this - labradors - 12-20-2009

Nah. The real top is A Christmas Story. After all, it's a major award. LOL!

Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this - cjs - 12-20-2009

I think you've got it, Denise!!

Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this - DFen911 - 12-20-2009

LOL Daphne Derek and I watched that a couple of days ago (we have it on dvd). Christmas eve we watch White Christmas and tonight we're going to watch Elf.

Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this - labradors - 12-20-2009

Ugh! Can't stand Will Ferrell. I tried watching Elf, but he's just part of that pack of Will Ferrell, Adam Sandler, Vince Vaughan, Rob Schneider, Steve Carell, et al, who are, for the most part, very UNfunny. Once in a while, Ben Stiller, Jack Black and the Wilson brothers will be okay but, for the most part, their appeal remains with twelve-year-olds.

Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this - cjs - 12-21-2009

"their appeal remains with twelve-year-olds." - nice, Labs - have you seen the size of Denise's law enforcement husband???????

Re: Don't let Jean, Denise or Sharon see this - cjs - 02-17-2011

This was a funny thread!! Anon was looking at it - and Denise's husband is still huge, Labs.....