Cuisine at home Forums
Ultimate Green Bean Casserole review - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Ultimate Green Bean Casserole review (/showthread.php?tid=91168)

Ultimate Green Bean Casserole review - chef_Tab - 11-28-2009

I was asked to bring a green bean casserole to the Thanksgiving feast. I have never made one before, and do not really care for them. I prefer my green beans steamed with a bit of butter. I made the recipe from the Holiday Menus cookbook. I ate some and did like it, but still prefer my beans done more simply. I did get rave reviews from several family members, so if you do like green bean casseroles, you may want to give this a try. It is basically putting together blanched beans, bechamel, herbed cream cheese, and sauteed mushrooms and onions. The recipe took me a lot longer than the given estimate, but I did quadruple it. If I were to make a change, I would saute the garlic with the mushrooms and onions rather than processing it with the cream cheese. I had so many requests for the recipe that I have to say it was a hit. I used hericot verts and I think they also contributed to the success. They did not get mushy or lost in all the other flavors going on.

Re: Ultimate Green Bean Casserole review - cjs - 11-28-2009

hmmmm, don't know if we'll go there...

Re: Ultimate Green Bean Casserole review - Gourmet_Mom - 11-28-2009

I'll pass this on to Baby Girl...she LOVES the stuff and insisted on Mom making some of the canned stuff for turkey day...LOL!