Cuisine at home Forums
sort of OT- rude customer service - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: sort of OT- rude customer service (/showthread.php?tid=90110)

sort of OT- rude customer service - chef_Tab - 11-11-2009

I was trying to renew three subscriptions to C@H online and was having difficulty so I called the customer service number. I explained the situation to the representative who took my call and asked her if she would review my address (since I had just moved) while she was in my account. Her attitude was very curt, as though I were interrupting something important and "how dare I bother her with my silly questions". I was taken aback by her abrasive tone. I don't know if it is because I am so used to all the friendliness on the forum, or if I myself treat people with kindness and respect, but I never cease to be amazed at the horrible customer service I seem to find nearly everywhere. I just had to vent.

Re: sort of OT- rude customer service - labradors - 11-11-2009

As Clark Howard would call it, "Customer no service."

Re: sort of OT- rude customer service - Gourmet_Mom - 11-11-2009

Hopefully, you just got the one bad nut or they were having a bad day. I think my interaction with CS was online. I was renewing and had an opportunity to get a gift subscription. I needed to renew before mine ran out, so I contacted them with my dilemma....I didn't have time to mail it in with the gift offer. They asked me to post her address and they'd take care of it...easy!

Re: sort of OT- rude customer service - foodfiend - 11-11-2009

Situations such as this one really burn me up, too. I have found that, in recent years, I tend to give my business over and over to those companies who have shown great customer service. If I get even one salesperson with a bad attitude, it's difficult for me to go back there again (and this goes for telephone customer reps, too!).

Poor Theresa. Have a nice cold beer (it's after 5!!!) and realize that the customer service person is just a big ol' nasty crab!

Re: sort of OT- rude customer service - Cubangirl - 11-12-2009

I agree with Vicci. I do my best to stay away from companies that treat me rudely. My experience with C@H phone subscription was the opposite. I wanted to renew and had checked prices to see what was the best deal. I then called and just asked the question. They were very helpful and I ended up getting a 2 year. So hopefully you got someone on a bad day and she was not representative of the entire staff. I am finding the older I get, the less patience I have with rudeness or incompetence, so now first I call them on it and if I don't get an appropriate response, I ask to speak to a supervisor.