Cuisine at home Forums
Happy Thanksgiving... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Happy Thanksgiving... (/showthread.php?tid=88280)

Happy Thanksgiving... - cjs - 10-09-2009

Canadian Thanksgiving, that is for all our Canadian friends. Do we have more than one on here? and she's an ex-patriot. Lorraine, does this mean you get two from now on?

Re: Happy Thanksgiving... - labradors - 10-09-2009

And we ARE thankful for all our Canadian friends. Here's hoping they have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

BTW, Jean, there's a big difference between an ex-patriot and an expatriate!

Re: Happy Thanksgiving... - Mare749 - 10-09-2009

"BTW, Jean, there's a big difference between an ex-patriot and an expatriate!"

Uh oh....

Re: Happy Thanksgiving... - cjs - 10-09-2009

well duh...blame it on..........................I can't think of what to blame that on.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving... - labradors - 10-09-2009

ROTLF! Don't fret. It's a common mistake because of the sound - the same as when people spell "calendar" as "calender." Of course, spell-checking software misses such things because the incorrect spellings of the intended words are the correct spellings for something unintended (e.g. look up the definition of "calender").

Re: Happy Thanksgiving... - Gourmet_Mom - 10-09-2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

You know, I don't think I've ever heard or seen that word- calender - before today! But considering that it is such a foreign concept, I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving... - Lorraine - 10-13-2009

Thanks, folks. Yup, we get to eat double the turkey, always a good thing. It's very hard to find a fresh turkey around these parts in October though. We had planned on brining it first, and doing the traditional Canadian side dishes (very different from those served her). but I didn't feel well, so ate a frozen version. Better than no turkey at all, and no clean up.