Cuisine at home Forums
Slow Forum Today - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Slow Forum Today (/showthread.php?tid=87796)

Slow Forum Today - esgunn - 09-25-2009

Anyone else having problems with the forum/web site being slow today?

Re: Slow Forum Today - Gourmet_Mom - 09-25-2009

ME! You beat me to it Erin. I almost posted this same question yesterday, too. There are times when it is VERY slow. I wonder what's going on? It's not my internet, because everything else runs fine...and the fact we both have the same problem all the way across the country!

Re: Slow Forum Today - labradors - 09-25-2009

Same here. Had thought about a PM to Brian, but didn't know if it could have been an Internet problem local to me. It has the "feel" of a DOS attack (i.e. where someone bombards the site with so many requests the legitimate users have difficulty accessing it- hence Denial Of Service, or DOS).

Re: Slow Forum Today - Trixxee - 09-25-2009

I haven't been on much today but yesterday was pretty darn awful.

Re: Slow Forum Today - cjs - 09-26-2009

I think it was Thursday when I had trouble with the slowness.

Re: Slow Forum Today - Trixxee - 09-28-2009

This is getting downright annoying now. There's a definite problem with this website.

Re: Slow Forum Today - cjs - 09-28-2009

I've been having trouble the last couple days also -guess it's time to ring the Brian Bell.

Re: Slow Forum Today - Brian - 09-28-2009

Hi,

We're working on the problem. We upgraded to some much faster webservers last week. Perhaps in a fit of jealousy, our database servers are now acting out and causing us problems....and since the forums are database dependent, the site is running slow.

Anyway, I've got 3 guys working on it right now. We'll get it fixed asap. I'll keep you posted.

Brian

Re: Slow Forum Today - labradors - 09-28-2009

Thanks, Brian.

Re: Slow Forum Today - Gourmet_Mom - 09-28-2009

Thanks Brian.