Cuisine at home Forums
Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches (/showthread.php?tid=87169)

Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches - cjs - 09-07-2009

Oh, this is a wonderful appy - I played with it yesterday. Let a few chill and tried heating them in a 375° oven, but the peaches got a little too mushy, so this one needs to be prepped ahead (maybe a couple of hours, sauteed and served immediately.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches with Basil and Aged Balsamic

16 thin slices pancetta
2 medium freestone peaches-halved -- pitted and cut into 8 wedges each
Salt and freshly ground pepper
16 basil leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
Aged balsamic vinegar -- for drizzling

Lay the pancetta slices out on a work surface. Set a peach wedge at the edge of each slice, season with salt and pepper and top with a basil leaf. Roll up the pancetta to enclose the peaches.

In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil. Add half of the wrapped peaches and cook over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until the pancetta is browned and crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a platter and repeat with the remaining peaches.

Lightly drizzle the peaches with aged balsamic vinegar and serve.

Description:
"Stuart Brioza, chef at San Francisco's Rubicon restaurant, sears sweet summer peaches in pancetta with fresh basil leaves for a crispy, juicy hors d'oeuvre. They would also be an unexpected addition to a frisée or baby escarole salad."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Re: Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches - Gourmet_Mom - 09-07-2009

MMMMMMM! This one is copied and saved...to make as soon as I can get my hands on pancetta! "They would also be an unexpected addition to a frisée or baby escarole salad." This part sounds especially good!

Re: Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches - farnfam - 09-07-2009

This is a little bit like the peaches appy I posted, right? I used ready to eat bacon and it was quick and easy too. Yum, I like the idea of the balsamic too

Re: Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches - cjs - 12-30-2009

Perfect example of why I need to put recipes with my goodies in the freezer - I thought this looked really interesting...and I'm the one that posted it! geez (it's only three months old)

Re: Pancetta-Wrapped Peaches - Gourmet_Mom - 12-30-2009

LOL! It's been a busy holiday! That would be my excuse!