Cuisine at home Forums
Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers (/showthread.php?tid=86054)

Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers - cjs - 08-10-2009

From C@H Grilling book #3 - very tasty pork dish and perfect for this time of year. The grilled p.apple, peppers and onions were great with the sauce used on the pork. I served this with rice and the corn salad.

The corn salad was really the hit of the dinner, tho. Man, that is a tasty dish. Next time I think I'll grill the corn first - I did as the instructions said blanching it in sugared water. Also, I just made half for the two of us and there are plenty of leftovers.

[Image: cornsalad.jpg]

Here's the recipe again if anyone is interested -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Fresh Corn Salad - try soon

6 ears corn OR 16 oz. pkg. frozen corn -- thawed and drained
1 green or red bell pepper -- chopped
1 bunch green onions -- sliced
2 tomatoes -- seeded and chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves -- chopped
2 Tbsp. garlic vinegar
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Husk corn and remove silk. In a large pot of boiling SUGARED water, cook corn for 1-2 minutes. Really, this short amount of time is perfect - you just want to heat the kernels. Place the corn in a bowl of ice water and let stand 3-4 minutes.

Cut the corn off the cob using a sharp knife. Combine in a large bowl with green pepper, onions, and tomatoes.

In a small bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, basil, garlic vinegar, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Pour over corn mixture and toss gently to coat. Chill for 1-2 hours before serving. 6 servings

Description:
"You can substitute frozen corn for the fresh corn if you like. Don't cook it - just thaw and drain well before using in the salad."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Re: Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers - Gourmet_Mom - 08-10-2009

Looks good Jean. I've noted and marked the recipe. I have GOT to find my MC CD so I can reload it. I also can't find my "school" flash drive with "My MC Collection" on it...hoping it's at school! I'm in no hurry to go get THAT!

Re: Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers - cjs - 08-10-2009

What a time you are having this summer with your electronic toys, huh?

Re: Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers - esgunn - 08-10-2009

That salad looks great Jean. Thanks for sharing the recipe. And thanks for the review on the pork. I had been eyeing that one.

Re: Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers - sophia - 08-10-2009

That salad looks delicious, Jean. Thanks for sharing it.

Re: Huli Huli Pork w/Pineapple & Peppers - cjs - 08-10-2009

Oh look at the gabber sophia is - she now has 100 posts!!! Way to go!