Cuisine at home Forums
Monday's Dinner, July 27th?? - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Monday's Dinner, July 27th?? (/showthread.php?tid=85519)

Monday's Dinner, July 27th?? - cjs - 07-27-2009

What are you all up to?

I have some leftover filet, 4 tomatillas, and a recipe from Food & Wine that I wanted to do in the trailer on the Yakima trip, but ran out of time, so I'm trying it tonight with some kind of funky drinks...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Beef and Fontina Tostaditos

4 medium tomatillos -- husked and finely chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
1 teaspoon hot sauce
4 ounces thickly sliced roast beef -- finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded Fontina cheese -- shredded (2 ounces)
48 mini round corn tortilla chips

Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine the tomatillos, red onion, cilantro and 1/2 teaspoon of the hot sauce.

In a medium bowl, combine the roast beef with the Fontina and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of hot sauce. Arrange half of the tortilla chips on a large rimmed baking sheet. Spoon the roast beef filling onto the tortilla chips and top with the remaining 24 chips.

Bake the tostaditos for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the filling is hot and bubbling. Transfer to a platter. Season the tomatillo relish with salt, spoon a little on top of each tostadito and serve immediately.

WINE Stuckey: The 1993 Iron Horse Brut Rosé from California is high in acidity, which refreshes the palate after a little south-of-the-border heat.

Triffon: Sweet-tart-spicy Southwestern flavors love fruity Gewürztraminer, and the acidity and slight sweetness in the 1996 Domaine Weinbach Cuvée Laurence go nicely with the tomatillos.

Re: Monday's Dinner, July 27th?? - Old Bay - 07-27-2009

We are going to slow roast a salmon filet and serve it with a friendly Pinot.

Re: Monday's Dinner, July 27th?? - Lorraine - 07-27-2009

We have lots of fried chicken left. The basil is coming in fast and furious, so I think I'll make pesto.

Re: Monday's Dinner, July 27th?? - HomeCulinarian - 07-27-2009

Grilled Salmon, quinoa, & broccoli - last broccoli from the garden. It is sure better than the stuff from the store! We just didn't plant enough.

Re: Monday's Dinner, July 27th?? - Gourmet_Mom - 07-27-2009

I have no clue. I'll be spending the rest of my day doing research and possibly on the phone...see my thread. So it may be sandwiches....ARGG!!!!