Cuisine at home Forums
Good cooking for two book... - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Good cooking for two book... (/showthread.php?tid=85493)

Good cooking for two book... - HomeCulinarian - 07-26-2009

[Image: 51jXEs3tVsL._SL160_AA115_.jpg]
Picked up the paperback version of this book at Sam's a couple of weeks ago and the three recipes I've tried so far were excellent. I think I paid about $7 for it. We tried the Chicken with Couscous, Spinach and Feta (subbed orzo for the Israeli couscous), which is probably our favorite so far. Also the Stir-Fried Beef with Snap Peas and Red Peppers we ate last night was very good. And finally, the Lighter Pasta with Garden Vegetable Sauce was also very good.

I've liked all of the Cook's Illustrated books that I've bought and this is another good one if you need to learn how to adjust to smaller quantity cooking like I do.

Re: Good cooking for two book... - cjs - 07-27-2009

Will have to look for that one - there are a lot of times I really don't want leftovers, so these kinds of books are nice to have.

Re: Good cooking for two book... - Lorraine - 07-27-2009

Thanks. I, too, like the few that I have. I think I saw this one at Lowe's.

Re: Good cooking for two book... - Gourmet_Mom - 07-27-2009

I like these kinds of books, also. I'll check it out as well. Thanks!

If you don't mind my asking -how much was it at Sam's?? Amazon has used at $21.63 + shipping of course.

Re: Good cooking for two book... - HomeCulinarian - 07-27-2009

The listed price on it is $7.95 for the paperback version. Sam's sells at a discount, so I paid close to $7 for it. I mentioned the price in my post because I found only the hardcover available on Amazon when I was looking for the image to post.

Well, forget Amazon - I'm sure I'll find it in one of the biggee stores.

Re: Good cooking for two book... - HomeCulinarian - 07-28-2009

Tonight I made the seafood risotto from this book and it was excellent!

Then after dinner Hubby and I were reminiscing about meals we used to enjoy, and/or tolerate! So, next week we'll plan flashback menus... need to watch the calorie/fat count, but there are a few things we can redux.

Re: Good cooking for two book... - labradors - 04-30-2010

Quote:

We tried the Chicken with Couscous, Spinach and Feta (subbed orzo for the Israeli couscous), which is probably our favorite so far.

Would you post this recipe, please? I have just found a source of Feta, and would love to try this.

Re: Good cooking for two book... - cjs - 04-30-2010

I don't have this book!! how'd that happen?