Cuisine at home Forums
Goober Burger! - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Goober Burger! (/showthread.php?tid=85157)

Goober Burger! - iBcookin - 07-21-2009

I get to work yesterday and one of the specials was a "goober burger." Burger with mayo, lettuce tomatoe and american cheese on a toasted kaiser roll spread with peanut butter on the bottom roll. My first reaction was "gag me with a spoon!" and "what the heck has he been smoking?"

The chef made one for all of us to try. I would have insisted that my children try something at least once, so I reluctantly tried a bite. I was all prepared to absolutely hate it, but the dang thing was delicious! Go figure!

Re: Goober Burger! - HomeCulinarian - 07-21-2009

Just the name is enough to evoke a gag reflex! If you added bacon, it would probably be even better!

Re: Goober Burger! - esgunn - 07-21-2009

Why call it a "Goober" burger?

Re: Goober Burger! - Gourmet_Mom - 07-21-2009

I got the same reaction when you described it! William would love it...he used to eat PB and mayo sandwiches, sometimes adding leftover fried chicken...YUCK! That was the last time I acted like a smart azz by taking a big bite out of the sandwich his grandmother prepared when nobody was looking!

I can't wait to see Jean's reaction...I'm betting she makes one tonight....if she hasn't already tried it...LOL!!!

Re: Goober Burger! - HomeCulinarian - 07-21-2009

Quote:

Why call it a "Goober" burger?

Goober is another name for peanut.

Re: Goober Burger! - Mare749 - 07-21-2009

I've never actually tried one, but if you think about it, it's not that much different from an asian peanut sauce that would be used for satay, so why not on a burger? And, with bacon, even better!

Re: Goober Burger! - DFen911 - 07-21-2009

Lol in our family goober is another name for booger

Re: Goober Burger! - cjs - 07-21-2009

OMG, what an open book I am around here!! You're right, I even have a burger thawed out that we didn't eat last night!!!

mmmmmmmmmm Smile

Daphne, I really don't like being so darn predictable...

Re: Goober Burger! - Gourmet_Mom - 07-21-2009

ROFLOL! I KNEW IT! The only surprise was that you had not already had it...LOL!

Re: Goober Burger! - iBcookin - 07-22-2009

You ARE such an open book!! I was just waiting for your reaction, Jean!

MMMMM, bacon, will have to suggest it to him for the next one!