Cuisine at home Forums
T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 (/showthread.php?tid=84972)

T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 - cjs - 07-17-2009

What are you all up to?

We'll be having grilled steaks and some of the tomato/black bean brd. pudding I made earlier this week and froze for bringing with us. And some peanut butter cookies left from the pre-4th party.

We'll be out wine tasting till the heat drives us back to Gertie. (she seems to be doing fine in the heat...darn bird )

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 - farnfam - 07-17-2009

Oh, I am so excited, the local vineyard, Tug Hill Vineyard, is having a wine and food pairing tonite. Appys and wine and an accoustic band. This is my first time at wine pairing, I have no idea what to expect, but I'm so happy to go.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 - piano226 - 07-17-2009

Leftover prime rib, mashed potatoes and asparagus. By the way that Paula Deen recipe is a real winner.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 - cjs - 07-17-2009

CIS, please take notes so you'll know in the future the wines (grapes) you like with what flavors/seasonings. (and also let us know.)

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 - Old Bay - 07-17-2009

We're going to a dinner party at a friends house--the menu is unknown.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 - farnfam - 07-17-2009

Will do, Jean. I was wondering if I should do that, but didn't know if it was etiquette or what. Thanx
Btw, we've been doing the camp/fish thing and it's been good, even with the sometimes ify weather. Heading out again soon. Caught so many bass we had throw some back!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 - labradors - 07-17-2009

T.G.I.F.T.: Thank God It's Fish Tacos.

Had some of the leftovers for lunch. Shall have the rest for dinner. I'm really enjoying these!

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 - Gourmet_Mom - 07-17-2009

I was stuck, but decided on grilled pizza! I didn't make it to Wilmington this week, so had to put some more elaborate ideas on hold.

Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner?? 7/17 - Mare749 - 07-17-2009

Quote:

Leftover prime rib, mashed potatoes and asparagus. By the way that Paula Deen recipe is a real winner.

Good to know! I haven't tried it yet, but have it saved. We had leftover chicken, orzo and broccoli.