Cuisine at home Forums
Ranier cherries - Printable Version

+- Cuisine at home Forums (https://www.forums.cuisineathome.com)
+-- Thread: Ranier cherries (/showthread.php?tid=84674)

Ranier cherries - Old Bay - 07-09-2009

$5.99/lb!!! Worth every penny--I envy you Jean--what do you pay???

Re: Ranier cherries - esgunn - 07-10-2009

We are at about 3.59 to 4.59. They are very good - very expensive. I just saw in this weeks grocery add - 1.98. THat is a great price!

Re: Ranier cherries - Lorraine - 07-10-2009

I've never had Ranier cherries. They do have Washington cherries on sale for $1.99 lb this week.

Re: Ranier cherries - cjs - 07-10-2009

I don't know what we'll pay, but we're heading out to Yakima (the best place in Washington to buy fruit imo ) next week for a few days to stock up on fruit to come home and put up. Rainier cherries are the very best!

I remember where I used to keep the cherry pitter at the old house, but I sure can't figure out where I have it here. Soon as I replace it, I guess I'll find it.

Did you get enough to put some up Bill?

Re: Ranier cherries - Gourmet_Mom - 07-10-2009

Lorraine, we've got the same sale going on here. Those are the ones I'm planning on buying this weekend to use in place of the berries in the slump recipe I reviewed. I guess there must be a difference, but what I don't know won't hurt me I suppose.

Re: Ranier cherries - HomeCulinarian - 07-10-2009

Here is a link to a story on cooking with cherries from this morning... Cooking with Cherries

Re: Ranier cherries - Old Bay - 07-10-2009

Quote:

I don't know what we'll pay, but we're heading out to Yakima (the best place in Washington to buy fruit imo ) next week for a few days to stock up on fruit to come home and put up. Rainier cherries are the very best!

I remember where I used to keep the cherry pitter at the old house, but I sure can't figure out where I have it here. Soon as I replace it, I guess I'll find it.

Did you get enough to put some up Bill?

I can't afford enough to make putting some up worthwhile!! How do you put yours up? I bought some dried once, and was disappointed in the flavor.

Re: Ranier cherries - cjs - 07-10-2009

Oh, I've never dried them - what a good idea.... hmmmmm

I just put them up in pint jars with a medium syrup and if I can't find my pitter, I may just leave the pits in